Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[Long Video Interview] Mayweather talks about Sparring w/ Frankie Randall & Whitaker

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

was wondering how quickly it would turn to him crying about how the US doesn't support him enough, typical cop out "im the face of boxing", and crying about how americans feel that a foreigner is better than him, didn't take long. turned it off

Comment

you mad, bro?

Comment

Originally posted by Pacquiao'd View Post
        you mad, bro?
        Naw. He stupid. He can't help it.

Comment

Hope they release all the footage from those sparring sessions when Mayweather retires.

Comment

Originally posted by deejd View Post
            Hope they release all the footage from those sparring sessions when Mayweather retires.
            That would be amazing, I think I'd rather see that than Mayweather-Guerrero lol j/k

Seriously though, wish he would have spoken about it more in depth, hope somebody else brings it up again in the future.

Comment

So this iis a good interview, i may look it up later, so just getting a post in this thread out of the way.

Ive read the first page or two of posts and no mention of Witaker and Floyd. Witaker ive never heard talk about sparring with Floyd, and ive never heard Floyd say it.

Thats why i barely realize that they did spar together although i think i briefly heard is a while back but wasnt sure.
              WHo did better, did witaker own the youngester and upstart floyd. Floyd might have learnt a lot of what he knows from witaker.

Comment

Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
                So this iis a good interview, i may look it up later, so just getting a post in this thread out of the way.

Ive read the first page or two of posts and no mention of Witaker and Floyd. Witaker ive never heard talk about sparring with Floyd, and ive never heard Floyd say it.

Thats why i barely realize that they did spar together although i think i briefly heard is a while back but wasnt sure.
                WHo did better, did witaker own the youngester and upstart floyd. Floyd might have learnt a lot of what he knows from witaker.
                I'm vaguely paraphrasing here, but I remember Floyd speaking about it briefly (could have been this video but I haven't seen it in years) and saying it was easier than he imagined. Not in a disrespectful manner, but in a way like he felt he was meant to do this. If I remember where I saw/read/heard this I'll post it up here.

EDIT: Yeah it was this interview, go to the 12:45 mark or so to hear him discuss the sparring with both guys.
                Last edited by _original_; 01-13-2013, 05:17 AM.

Comment

Yeah he said he was able to handle his own as a teenager sparring with Sweet Pea.

Comment

Working...
                  X