• Show
Clear All

• Toney vs Hopkins.. better resume?

Toney hands down for me.
    James Toney
    52.78%
    Bernard Hopkins
    47.22%

I'd say Hopkins, and I don't think it's all that close really.

Comment

Originally posted by ninerdude90 View Post
      I'd say Hopkins, and I don't think it's all that close really.
      This. Skill level can be debated but you can't compare their resumes.

Comment

Hopkins has the bigger names and toney has the tougher fights.

Anyone who doesn’t think its debatable doesn’t know how good the fighters toney beat were.

Toney wins are much better then Hopkins in my opinion. whose a tougher fight, Mike McCallum or blown up trinidad? blown up oscar or Michael Nunn? Tarver or Jirov? Toney resume to me edges Hopkins
        Last edited by pturtle; 11-28-2012, 03:11 AM.

Comment

Toney is definitely more skilled

Comment

Lmao.

Jesus Christ.

brb.

Comment

It's funny how when it comes to black boxers, people seem to be scared to call them cheaters and stuff. Since most people on here are cheater avengers, they should automatically void Toney since he got busted twice and easily pick Hopkins.

Comment

I would say B-Hop based on overall longevity, also Toney has some excellent wins but several bad loses that B-Hop doesn't really have and I don't think that can be overlooked.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Fantastic View Post
                  It's funny how when it comes to black boxers, people seem to be scared to call them cheaters and stuff. Since most people on here are cheater avengers, they should automatically void Toney since he got busted twice and easily pick Hopkins.

Comment

Originally posted by pturtle View Post
                    Hopkins has the bigger names and toney has the tougher fights.

Anyone who doesn’t think its debatable doesn’t know how good the fighters toney beat were.

Toney wins are much better then Hopkins in my opinion. whose a tougher fight, Mike McCallum or blown up trinidad? blown up oscar or Michael Nunn? Tarver or Jirov? Toney resume to me edges Hopkins
                    You need to take the losses and the consistency (or lack thereof) into account.

Comment

Working...
                    X