Garcia is getting overrated as hell lately
    but he's good enough to beat Rios in an exciting fight
    Rios is all sound and fury, just a brawler
    at least Garcia can box some, which would make the difference
    Garcia wouldn't KO him but he'd take Rios on points
    Let Rios rematch Alvarado, Garcia needs to fight Lucas

Comment

Originally posted by SpeedKillz View Post
      that is it! amazing skills?? come on now...

he has an unbreakable heart and a great chin, I'll give him that, but what he does is not considered "skills." he doesnt have to be a slick defensive fighter, he just has to have some type of skillset to be called "skillful." what he does is flail his punches wildly in hopes that some land. what rios does is bring out the bravado in fighters and make them fight his fight, which is a sloppy, ugly, brawl, and thats how he gets them. his number 1 skill is making the other fighter think "Im gonna be macho too and bang with this guy", instead of keeping focused and disciplined. as soon as he meets someone who has control of his mental game, rios is gonna be humiliated and hurt.

his mouth, his mouth also is a HUGE asset that rios has, floyd level type trash talking, which I like...

Inside fighting isnt a skillset??!!

Comment

Originally posted by Southpawology View Post
        Inside fighting isnt a skillset??!!
        of course its a skillset!! rios inside fighting is planting his head in the guys chest and throwing bombs. no plan, no technique, no trickery, just throw those punches and hope they land. dont sit there and tell me you watch rios fight, inside or outside fighting, and say "damn that boy has got some skills!!"

no, you say, "damn, that rios sure can bang!" cause thats what he does. he throws bombs and makes other guys do the same thing, because one thing fighters dont ever want, is to be out "macho'd" and thats what rios brings to the table.

inside fighting still requires finesse and generalship. ask james toney...

Comment

of course its a skillset!! rios inside fighting is planting his head in the guys chest and throwing bombs. no plan, no technique, no trickery, just throw those punches and hope they land. dont sit there and tell me you watch rios fight, inside or outside fighting, and say "damn that boy has got some skills!!"

no, you say, "damn, that rios sure can bang!" cause thats what he does. he throws bombs and makes other guys do the same thing, because one thing fighters dont ever want, is to be out "macho'd" and thats what rios brings to the table.

inside fighting still requires finesse and generalship. ask james toney...
          I thought the Antillon fight showed Rios with a more tactical inside fighting...
          He was slipping in some uppercuts that didn't just look like he was throwing for the sake of throwing something big.

Fighting someone like Rios is not about him lacking certain skills... It's more about your abilities to withstand 12 rounds of onslaught either by boxing or out-punching the guy.

Comment

Originally posted by Blue Mercury View Post
            funny as hell when the radio personality asked him who he wants to fight at 140 and he said i can ko garcia and the guy was like uh hmm lol like even he knows that **** is unlikely yo.

all credit to Bam Bam being in tough fights etc but eventually the buck stops against a non skilled got heart fighter when he meets a power puncher who has good body work and is technically sounds.

I think it would be a good fight i would want to see it for sure bam bam would try to set a high pace but i think if garcia plays it cool and throws to the body this dude is dust come late rounds and finds out that he's not the same fighter against a hard punching tech boxer who has good body work.

Comment

Originally posted by BuckToothed View Post
              I thought the Antillon fight showed Rios with a more tactical inside fighting...
              He was slipping in some uppercuts that didn't just look like he was throwing for the sake of throwing something big.

Fighting someone like Rios is not about him lacking certain skills... It's more about your abilities to withstand 12 rounds of onslaught either by boxing or out-punching the guy.
              alright fair enough. everyones got their opinions, mine happens to be that rios lacks fundamental skills and when he fights someone with mental discipline, he will be exposed and humiliated. but I have been wrong before...

Comment

great fight. make it happen this year. i like both their tools. maybe danny can keep this mexicutioning thing up.

Comment

alright fair enough. everyones got their opinions, mine happens to be that rios lacks fundamental skills and when he fights someone with mental discipline, he will be exposed and humiliated. but I have been wrong before...
                  how old was Miguel Acosta 33 lol he beat on old tech fighter who probably has 7 round tank and average body work with average speed at 134. Garcia is a young tech boxer who caries decent power in both hands. he has good timing and can counter punch and has really good body work @ 140, I think Bam bam will find out early and in the mid rounds that no skill **** won't work vs Garcia. as much leverage and as hard as garcia hits to the body rios will find out he has no tank late in the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Dudley View Post
                    how old was Miguel Acosta 33 lol he beat on old tech fighter who probably has 7 round tank and average body work with average speed at 134. Garcia is a young tech boxer who caries decent power in both hands. he has good timing and can counter punch and has really good body work @ 140, I think Bam bam will find out early and in the mid rounds that no skill **** won't work vs Garcia. as much leverage and as hard as garcia hits to the body rios will find out he has no tank late in the fight.
                    basically agree 100% with this post. spot on

Comment

I would love to see this fight.

Both would land some serious leather.

Comment

Working...
                      X