Collapse
No announcement yet.

Larry Merchant: "Maidana makes you get into a fight with him"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ortiz beats maidana at 147. the funny thing is if u think about it, who has looked better since that fight between the two. the answer is ortiz. maidana hasnt done anything of note since that fight. i mean he wounded khan, but other than that, hes looked like ****.

Comment

Ortiz almost had Maidana gone in the first fight

he is monsterous at 147, Maidana would get bombed out in a slugfest imo

Comment

Originally posted by Hi-Dro View Post
        These wurrr Merchant's exact words when Khan-Maidana took place. Amir Khan was outboxing, and outlanding Maidana strategically, or systematically. Yet, he couldn't keep Maidana of him, nor discourage him. Evidently Maidana kept closing the gap, which is why Merchant stated, "Maidana makes you fight."

Don't forget about this if Ortiz ever rematches Madaina. I bring this up because I hear many of you claiming Ortiz will easily outbox Maidana, or stating all he has to do is box, and he wins. It's not that easy against Maidana. His momentum steady increases as you move back despite you boxing, or simply on the retreat. Ortiz moves in straight lines, which plays into Maidana's momentum, as was visible in thurrr first fight, and in the Khan fight.

I predict a war between the two in the future. Will Ortiz quit again? It's highly possible. But let us not count out Maidana so soon, nor neglect his attributes, which undeniably won him the first fight in thurrr ring.

maidana doesn't wanna move up to147 lbs unless it's for a mayweather fight. he's cashing out

Comment

Working...
        X