Tomasz Adamek 60 Second Interview

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tomasz Adamek 60 Second Interview

Age started boxing: 12.

First boxing memory: My first fight really stood out, it was the beginning of my career and I wanted to be champion of the world.

Boxing inspiration: There’s several boxers like Oscar De La Hoya, Roy Jones, Evander Holyfield, Muhammad Ali – a lot of different things that you can take from them. Ali, for his dancing. Holy-field, his heart. Jones, for his quickness and skills.

Favourite all-time fighter: There are several fighters that I can give that title to – 10, 20. In reality, I don’t want to name somebody my favourite because I don’t want to take anything away from anyone else.

Best fight seen: Clear boxers, fast, good technical. Just to fight – I don’t like that. Technical fights I like. Like Oscar and Felix Trinidad.

Pre-fight meal: Mostly pasta with very plain, naturally blended sauces.

What do you do to relax: I feel very relaxed in my hometown [Gilowice]. It’s a small town. I like to spend time with my wife and kids and just enjoy the country life.

Pre-fight superstition: I don’t believe in any.

What training do you do between fights (if any): Strength and physical training. Running, jogging, some body bag punching.

Typical breakfast: Oatmeal, honey.

Toughest part of being a boxer: I’m a strong believer in God. I have a talent that God gave me. My beliefs and prayers and being a strong Catholic – that’s what it’s going to take to be the world champion. It’s easy to win a world title, but it’s harder to follow my beliefs.

Favourite music: All hip-hop – I love to dance. 50 Cent, Eminem and Polish hip-hop.

Last book read: It’s the book about Pope John Paul II. His life story and his route to the papacy.

Favourite film: Action films.

What car do you drive: Infiniti [silver].

Where do you train: At home I have a little room that I dedicate to boxing. I have a couple of bags, a treadmill. I also do a lot of training in the hills. I also train in Warsaw in one of the gyms. And with my trainer Andrzej Gmitruk when he comes to my house.

Training routine: Strength conditioning, some punching, running about five miles a day for the first four weeks. Then closer to the fight I’m doing shorter distances but with sprints. The last four weeks are more sparring. For the 12-round fight with [O’Neill] Bell I had about 120 rounds of sparring with four spar partners.

Toughest man you faced: Paul Briggs. The first fight with him [in 2005 for the vacant WBC light-heavyweight title] is the one I will remember forever. My nose was broken three weeks before in sparring. I did have the chance to back out of the fight. I said, ‘No, I will fight and be a world champion’. I couldn’t spar. But I was very determined to win. And I won the title.

What supplements do you take: Natural-based additives that are prescribed by my doctor.

If you weren’t a boxer what would you be: All of my dedication is to boxing now. My first job was as an auto mechanic.

Last place you went on holiday: Tenerife.

Favourite football team: Barcelona.

Best boxer in the sport today: Floyd Mayweather

ENJOY!
    http://www.boxingnewsonline.net/BN08/detail.asp?id=240

Comment

Working...
    X