Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it cheating to step on someones foot to make sure they don't move away from you?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ok noob since YOU ARE NEW TO BOXING this happens alot in fights with sowthpaws NOTHING NEW
    and I DIDNT VOTE ON THE POLL SEEMS YOU HAVE AN AGENDA
    Last edited by solo20; 11-14-2011, 11:14 AM.

Comment

It happens, not big deal, when a righty and a lefty fight their lead feet are ALWAYS going to be close, especially if the righty knows how to fight a southpaw.

Comment

Marquez did this intentionally to cheat. He was glancing down at where Manny was planting his front foot so he could then tread on it (this was a key to victory for Marquez), rather than looking at Manny's left hand as that's not dangerous at all.

Comment

Originally posted by THE_BIG_HURT View Post
          I for the record am not saying its ok but it happens.

Accidents happen, did he do it on purpose a couple of times? i'm sure he did but if you know boxing thats just something that happens when a left and righty go at it. Its super frustrating in the gym
          You said he did it purpose a couple of times. But is it acceptable?

I am asking this because JMM landed good clean counter punches. Stepping on a foot, delays a fighter to move/avoid the punch. If there was not foot stepping, then the counter punches could have miss or as not as effective as a clean shot.

Comment

Its only unacceptable if Floyd gets knocked down because of it

Happens all the time, unintentional.

Comment

its not "acceptable" to do it on purpose but sly little things happen in every boxing match that arent always "acceptable"

He landed plenty more counter shots without the need for stepping on his feet, so i think it really didnt matter at the end of the day

Comment

If a fighter steps on his opponent's foot it is uillegal. If it's unintentional then he'll be told to be more careful. If it's intentional then he'll be cautioned or penalised/

The fighters are constantly on the move, either largely or minutely, they are never absolutely still. Always ready to move in a split second. The fighter who's foot in UNDERNEATH is at a HUGE disadvantage, It's comparable to a guy who is slipping on a banana peel and looks wildly around for some support. His mind is on saving himself from a fall and not defending himself. He is at an enormous disadvantage, as often, even if done unintentionally, the opponent has already launched a punch.

The answer is so obvious I don't really know what the question was even asked.

Comment

I do this all the time in sparring so I can have an advantage.

Comment

Originally posted by Pacman View Post

Is it cheating or a legal tactic? Also, do you think it was intentional or unintentional?
                    Either its unintentional or Marquez has the best foot-eye coordination in the entire world. Oh and he would have to have faster foot-work than Pacquiao.
                    Last edited by GG Magic; 11-14-2011, 12:37 PM.

Comment

Its cheating if it's intentional.

Comment

Working...
                      X