Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Ward: Martinez on top at 160, Golovkin should face Quillin

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Ward: Martinez on top at 160, Golovkin should face Quillin

WBA super middleweight king Andre Ward (26-0, 14KOs) discussed the recent knockout victory by IBO/WBA middleweight champion Gennady Golovkin (27-0, 24KOs), a potential fight with the rising middleweight puncher, who Golovkin should face to prove his worth as the top dog at 160, and why he thinks WBC Sergio Martinez should still be considered the top fighter at 160-pounds.

[Click Here To Read More]

I hope he is not afraid if GGGGGG.

Comment

Originally posted by Charles Ramsey View Post
      I hope he is not afraid if GGGGGG.
      Lets calm down for a sec, even if Golovkin cleans house at 160 there is literally no one at MW with the skills of Ward, no one comes close.

Comment

I agree with Ward that Martinez is still the #1 guy (I thought he did beat Murray even if it was close) but GGG would probably be favored against him at this point. Peter Quillin isn't the #2 guy at middleweight, it's GGG; I can't think of anybody Kid Chocolate fought that was as good as Mack the Knife.

Comment

I hadn't seen much of GGG before last night, just highlights. That being said, that guy has ridiculous power and that body shot was one of the best I have seen to end a fight. I think he beats Martinez right now. I want to see more of this guy against top fighters, boxing needs exciting guys like this in the sport.

Comment

Ward is bitter that GGG is going to be a bigger star in a few years than Ward ever could be. Andre is boring, clinches too much and fights in his hometown far too much. Loved the video of him clinching kessler 88 times and with 5 headbutts but ref does nothing.

Comment

Ill take that as he's moving up to 175 quick.

Comment

In a perfect world. GGG vs Kid Chocolate would be the perfect fight right now since both are still looking for that win that skyrockets them to hardcore boxing stardom even though GGG is damn close. Kid Chocolate would be able to prove himself more then against anybody else.

Then they the winner face Sergio after Sergio has a tune up after that surgery maybe against the Geale-Barker winner. But most likely GGG vs that winner and Kid Chocolate vs insert random middleweight until Golden Boy fixes everything because if not Kid Chocolate won't be able to fight on HBO against the big time middleweights like GGG & Martinez.

Comment

Ward is the classiest guy in boxing! I wonder what the inside story on his problems with Goosen are.

Comment

Originally posted by T18Z View Post
                    Ward is bitter that GGG is going to be a bigger star in a few years than Ward ever could be. Andre is boring, clinches too much and fights in his hometown far too much. Loved the video of him clinching kessler 88 times and with 5 headbutts but ref does nothing.
                    GTFO!!! Ward dont fight like that no more. He dont clinch as much, and instead became a very violent inside fighter, and he isnt a Rigo type of fighter. Ward takes risk, and BEATS THE CRAP out of his opponents. His last few fights, he walked guys down, smothered Froch as the crowd went wild. Beat Chad to a bloody pulp, multiple knockdowns, inside beating, and a stoppage as the crowd roared. Ward will dominate GGG, and thats why GGG doesnt want to fight him!

Comment

Working...
                    X