Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I like golovkin but why fight a guy with 2 consecutive losses?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
    Yes, they did know. Geale and his promoter came out and specifically said golovkin wasn't gonna be their next fight. Lol, now ur changing history. I suggest u dig up the articles and get with the research because u are off.
    You sure you want me to do that?

Tom Loeffler, the managing director of K2 Promotions, is ready to match his boxer, IBO/WBA "regular" champion Gennady Golovkin (24-0, 21KOs), against the IBF/WBA "super" champion Daniel Geale (28-1, 15KOs).
    Both fighters pulled off spectacular victories on Saturday. Geale shocked the experts by winning a twelve round split decision over German superstar Felix Sturm in Oberhausen. Later that day in Verona, New York - Golovkin made his American debut and punished Grzegorz Proksa for five rounds.

[...]

Geale's American promoter, Gary Shaw, told BoxingScene on Saturday that he was open to making a Geale-Golovkin unification.

[...]

Gary Shaw, the American promoter for IBF/WBA middleweight champion Daniel Geale (28-1, 15KOs), told BoxingScene.com that his fighter will not run from a potential showdown with hard-puncher Gennady Golovkin (23-0, 20KOs).

"We are not going to run from Golovkin or anyone else. If Golovkin wins, I will have no problem at all making a fight with Tom Loeffler and [K2 Promotions].

Last edited by ИATAS; 02-09-2013, 12:20 PM.

Comment

won't do that, but I will say rosado and Ishida aren't it. They aren't even mws. Oh yea, but they are stay busy fights rite?
      How is 6'1 Ishida not a middleweight? He fought Pirog at MW, he fought Kirkland at MW, he fought Williams at a catchweight of 155, and he's fought numerous other times above 154.

Obviously he's not a top MW, but let's not act like he's some little tiny guy.

Comment

Ok so what? Jmws are the next best option? And how is it hate to say the guy hasn't fought anyone? It's the truth. I never called him a bum. I said I'm not impressed and there's absolutely no reason to be.
        Who should he have fought, i've asked you this like 10 times and you keep avoiding answering it. Its hate because you're somehow blaming him for not fighting the best when they're all avoiding him. You have some kind of fascination with Golovkin because you come into every one of his threads and start complaining about the same exact thing.

Comment

won't do that, but I will say rosado and Ishida aren't it. They aren't even mws. Oh yea, but they are stay busy fights rite?
          You wont because you cant. You'll just come up with names like Adama or Andy lee or Bursak or someone like that and then realize you're just being a hypocrite and hating just to hate

Ishida is a stay busy fight, this has already been explained to you. If you refuse to understand it, then fine. Now tell me who he should have fought instead of Rosada

Comment

Lol, and how long will all be forgiven? Just like with Pirog, nothing is ever this guys fault. So I guess we wll still be forgiving him when he's retired without having fought anyone of substance. Wake me when he fights someone of note, whether u think it's his fault or not
            Golovkin/Ishida is an obvious mismatch, and I definitely won't be happy if GGG doesn't fight a relevant MW before the year is up. However, it does take two to make a fight happen. I'm not hyping up Ishida, but I won't dedicate my energy to complain about the match-up either even-though I don't like it. All I can say is, at least it isn't on HBO.

Comment

• Rollin seems to stay firm on his point - Golovkin is a ducker and avoiding real live dogs. People giving him documented prove that all top 10 MW are clearly avoiding him for years but this doesn't change anything. Well Rollin is free to hold on to his opinion even if it look childish.
              For me Ishida is not that bad of a fight. Golovkin said that after being deprived of fights for many years (first by his ex promoter universum, than by legit fighters who have something to loose and not really on a hurry to loose what they have - even if they have to drop their belts) he wants to fight 5 times this year. After Rosado K2 say - we take a "keep busy" fight and Adama name is surfacing. Than K2 receives a 500000Euro offer to fight in Monaco - Ishida.
              Now I don't say that Ishida is legit contender but he has some qualities that makes this fight interesting. Being a huge underdog Ishida KO'd Kirkland so this guy is at list not that simple. He's 6.1" so he's not small (just as Rosado he's naturally bigger than GGG). Ishida never been stopped, he's a busy fighter with a hard chin so it's interesting how GGG will look against him (also it's a chance to compare GGG inderectly to Pirog who's last fight was desision win over Ishida).
              So I'm fine with this fight. GGG makes 500000euro and we can see if he can stop a guy that never been KO'd.
              Last edited by TudorMiron; 02-09-2013, 02:19 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by BafanaBafana View Post
                Pirog mentioned in an article that he was fully healed and wanted to fight GGG in March.
                http://www.boxingscene.com/dmitry-pi...-on-hbo--59775
                http://en.tengrinews.kz/sport/Boxing...t-rival-14790/

Rubio: "Bring on Golovkin!"
                http://www.boxing.com/rubio_bring_on...ez_anyone.html

The rest of the guys I mentioned are UNDOUBTEDLY a big step up from Rosado and Ishida. All I'm asking is that Golovkin give at least one of these guys a chance for his next chance and call out Geale and taunt him about getting him WBA title back. GGG v. Geale needs to happen sometime this year.
                I don't think you even read those Pirog links. Nowhere does it say he'd be ready for Golovkin in March, only that he'd be back from back surgery by then, and even that doesn't seem likely now. He definitely didn't mention he was healed, it was Golovkin's manager saying that, hoping to make the fight.

It's great Rubio wants the fight after they settled on Rosado. It's too bad he was nowhere to be found a couple of weeks earlier:

http://espn.go.com/blog/dan-rafael/t...nnady-golovkin

I’m told that Rubio turned down the fight and that HBO (thankfully) rejected Vera. HBO would accept Guerrero, but there might be an issue between Haymon and K2 over future contract options. So we’ll see who they come up with for Golovkin
                Those guys you mentioned wouldn't be a big step up at all. Maybe a couple of them would be marginally better, but barely. Ishida recently went 12 with Pirog and PWill, and KOed Kirkland. I think most of that group does worse.

Comment

Working...
                X