No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Malignaggi Hopes To Face Hatton, But Not in November

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Malignaggi Hopes To Face Hatton, But Not in November

A report in a UK national newspaper was way off the mark in stating that a November match-up between Paulie Malignaggi and Ricky Hatton was ‘almost certain’ and the 'Magic Man' has spoken to WBN to reiterate his position on the matter.

Malignaggi has branded the information printed in yesterday’s Daily Star article untrue as ironically, his first defence of the WBA welterweight belt he won in Ukraine last April was announced the same day by promoters Golden Boy.

“Everyone knows you can't fight back to back fights,” Malignaggi told World Boxing News.

“I am fighting October 20th, so how can I fight in November? It wouldn't work out - but I hope the rumours are true for Hatton coming back.”

The 31 year-old also denied that a potential offer to fight Hatton later this year would have any bearing on him facing challenger Pablo Cesar Cano at the Barclays Center in Brooklyn, New York as scheduled. [Click Here To Read More]

Paulie no punch is champ? of what?

not really sure what Paula the dancing queen with no fans:wank: is actually champion of really??

Comment

I am a huge fan of Paulie, but he needs to get while the getting's good. His legs are gone, his jab has slowed down, and he loses to just about any of the big names at 147. A Hatton fight is far more winnable than any other top-10 welterweight fight and he would get paid.

Cancel the fight against Ceasar-Cano, which is not a gimmie, and take the money to fight Hatton.

Comment

I am a huge fan of Paulie, but he needs to get while the getting's good. His legs are gone, his jab has slowed down, and he loses to just about any of the big names at 147. A Hatton fight is far more winnable than any other top-10 welterweight fight and he would get paid.

Cancel the fight against Ceasar-Cano, which is not a gimmie, and take the money to fight Hatton.

Comment

Paulie's looking to cash in on that new strap of his. Not a lot of paydays at 147, aside from the Top 2. Fights against the likes of Guerrero, Berto, Alexander/Bailey winner aren't going to pay him more than a fight with Hatton across the pond.

Comment

Originally posted by HBGBoxingFan View Post
            Paulie's looking to cash in on that new strap of his. Not a lot of paydays at 147, aside from the Top 2. Fights against the likes of Guerrero, Berto, Alexander/Bailey winner aren't going to pay him more than a fight with Hatton across the pond.
            i dont think there would be as much money in it as you might think, sky doesnt do PPV anymore, it wouldnt be PPV on HBO either.

Comment

Originally posted by horaceharter View Post
              not really sure what Paula the dancing queen with no fans:wank: is actually champion of really??
              Don't hate the player, hate the game/games. Paulie played by the rules, took plenty of beatings and still found a way to come out on top. He is a lot of things, but he's no quitter. And I'm not a Paulie fan, I'm just a boxing fan. Paulie finally got the call in the other guys back yard, probably for short money, with all the odds stacked against him and won. Can't ask for more than that.

Comment

he would like to fight hatton but first he's gotta take care of this dangerous 140 pound journeyman.

Comment

Malignaggi sucks and isn't that good. He already got destroyed and outclassed by Hatton.

Comment

Paulie would stomp Hatton this time around.

Comment

Working...
                    X