Most Main Events in 1 Calender Month

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hhascup View Post
    It's not Rosenbloom or Loughran.

On the other web site, someone tried Battling Levinsky with 9, but the answer is more then that.

I was going for levinsky...but he fought 8-9 times a month...but more than that...Oh my...

Len Wickwar is a guy who comes to my mind because of the regulaity with which he fought...

But Will look into it, before posting

Comment

Originally posted by Greatest1942 View Post
      I was going for levinsky...but he fought 8-9 times a month...but more than that...Oh my...

Len Wickwar is a guy who comes to my mind because of the regulaity with which he fought...

But Will look into it, before posting
      Wickwar is not the man..

I will go with Ted Kid Lewis or Young Griffo...

Lewis fought a amazing number of times in 1911 and he might be the one as could be Griffo..

Fitz or Carnera could easily have been the man...But they fought exhibitions, and Henry has specified main event.

Anyways Henry this is mostly a shot in the dark, so is it Griffo or Lewis?

Comment

Wickwar is not the man..

I will go with Ted Kid Lewis or Young Griffo...

Lewis fought a amazing number of times in 1911 and he might be the one as could be Griffo..

Fitz or Carnera could easily have been the man...But they fought exhibitions, and Henry has specified main event.

Anyways Henry this is mostly a shot in the dark, so is it Griffo or Lewis?
        No it's much later.

Comment

Interesting question.

Len Wickwar had several spells with 6, 7 and 8 fights a calendar month, but no more than that.

Comment

I dont know if its to early for hints, but nationality might help a bit.

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
              I dont know if its to early for hints, but nationality might help a bit.
              Wickwar fought a lot, but I don't think he ever had more than 9 main events a month...Its not Wickwar I looked into him

Comment

Wickwar fought a lot, but I don't think he ever had more than 9 main events a month...Its not Wickwar I looked into him
                Yeah I checked him as well. I could only get 8, but I could have overlooked one. He was one busy fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
                  Yeah I checked him as well. I could only get 8, but I could have overlooked one. He was one busy fighter.
                  I found Young Stribling ..but he seems not to get the 9 fight barrier I checked now...

Wildcat Monte is a guy I am looking into
                  Last edited by Greatest1942; 09-14-2011, 11:23 AM.

Comment

Wild guess on my part, but how about George Dixon?

Comment

No it's not Dixon, the record is over 9

Comment

Working...
                      X