Bosh and Wade to the Heat..

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bosh and Wade to the Heat..

ESPN Reporting.

Not sure what this means for Lebron. If he goes back to the Cavs, he's stuck in the same situation. I think he may be heading for Chicago.

Comment

Wooooo!!!! Great news to wake up to

Report has Dwyane Wade, Chris Bosh landing with Heat in free agency

The Miami Heat got its man. And another man.

NBA free agency has turned into a win-win situation for Pat Riley.

Instead of losing free-agent guard Dwyane Wade, as had been the concern in recent days, the Heat not only will retain its All-Star guard, but also add Toronto Raptors free-agent power forward Chris Bosh.

ESPN first reported the agreements Wednesday morning.

Late Tuesday night, the Raptors began making calls amid concern that Bosh might sign outright with the Heat, after Bosh previously had said he only would accept a sign-and-trade transaction to the Heat.

The Sun Sentinel has confirmed that the Raptors tried to reach inside the Heat organization, amid such concerns.

By signing directly with the Heat, Bosh would max out at $96 million over five years. Arriving in a sign-and-trade, Bosh could receive as much as $125 million over six years, the same amount as Wade will receive.

On the eve of the July 1 free-agency period, a leading agent told the Sun Sentinel that the Heat was the overwhelming frontrunner to land Bosh.

Tuesday, a source close to the situation told the Sun Sentinel that once the Heat had an assurance from Bosh, Wade would re-sign with the only team he has played for over his seven NBA seasons.

Agent Henry Thomas told the Sun Sentinel on Tuesday said that Bosh and Wade would be making their decisions independent of LeBron James' plans to announce his free-agent intentions on Thursday at 9 p.m.

The Heat had been holding out hope as late as Tuesday that James still might be landed as part of a Bosh-Wade package.

Bosh and Wade each are eligible for contracts that start at $16.6 million for 2010-11.

Bosh was selected with the No. 4 pick of the 2003 NBA Draft out of Georgia Tech, with Wade selected at No. 5. Riley had been interested in drafting Bosh ahead of Wade at the time.

A week ago, on the eve of the league's negotiating period, Wade hardly was considered a concern at all. His re-signing was thought to be a formality.

By the weekend, the All-Star guard had emerged as a code-red concern, after two apparently productive meetings with his hometown Chicago Bulls.

Yet on the eve of Thursday's start to the league's offseason signing period, a source familiar with the process, said regardless of any other moves made by Riley, if the Heat was able to secure Bosh, Wade will sign the six-year, $125 million contract the team has tendered.

Wade had remained in contact with Bosh, but Bosh's reluctance to accept anything short of an equivalent maximum was considered to be hampering an agreement.

Asked if James' timetable impacted Wade or Bosh, Thomas said Tuesday night, "No, not really."

In order to get Bosh a maximum, six-year deal, the Heat has to get Toronto to agree to a sign-and-trade transaction.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/m...,5673066.story

Comment

awesome news for south florida.

i'm trying to becomre a heat fan now that I live here, I love wade just their style has been killing me.

I've seen wade play live about 10 times, and I'm a huge fan of his, just those other LAMES on the squad kill me. even marion...

Comment

Definitely a step in the right direction. I still don't think they'll compete for a championship, though.

Comment

LOL @ having a one hour special called "The Decision", concerning where Lebron is going to play. Going to be hilarious if he stays with the Cavs, and all this **** was for nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by johnm View Post
              LOL @ having a one hour special called "The Decision", concerning where Lebron is going to play. Going to be hilarious if he stays with the Cavs, and all this **** was for nothing.
              LOL exactly what I was thinking, and imagine if he goes to another team. What a slap in the face to Cleveland lol. **** is getting out of hand already. Wade and Bosh were probably like, "Eff this man" lol. Word is Miami is lookin at Brendan Haywood in a sign and trade with O'Neal. That would be another good look.

Comment

Originally posted by RL_GMA View Post
                LOL exactly what I was thinking, and imagine if he goes to another team. What a slap in the face to Cleveland lol. **** is getting out of hand already. Wade and Bosh were probably like, "Eff this man" lol. Word is Miami is lookin at Brendan Haywood in a sign and trade with O'Neal. That would be another good look.
                Yeah, it's such a joke. He just needs to tell people where's he's going to play, and quit being such an attention whore.

ESPN saying that Chicago is not likely an option for Lebron since Bosh signed with Miami. Apparently if Lebron was going to Chicago, Bosh was going with him. Who knows.

Will lol if it's a set up, and Lebron announces he's going to Miami.

Knicks, maybe?

Comment

Originally posted by johnm View Post
                  Yeah, it's such a joke. He just needs to tell people where's he's going to play, and quit being such an attention whore.

ESPN saying that Chicago is not likely an option for Lebron since Bosh signed with Miami. Apparently if Lebron was going to Chicago, Bosh was going with him. Who knows.

Will lol if it's a set up, and Lebron announces he's going to Miami.

Knicks, maybe?

i hope that show gets negative ratings. espn is making me HATE lebron.

Comment

Originally posted by Walt Liquor View Post
                    i hope that show gets negative ratings. espn is making me HATE lebron.
                    Yeah, but you know it's going to have sick, sick ratings. Hell, I hate the idea of it, but I'm still going to watch it.

Comment

Working...
                    X