Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Was Round 2 of Mayweather-Mosley the worst round of Floyd's career?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Was Round 2 of Mayweather-Mosley the worst round of Floyd's career?

As the title says...

Comparisons can be made with Zab judah, etc...

I think it's a general gradual regression, that is getting worse with each fight. Skills do pay the bills, but you can't be in your prime forever.

I've never seen his legs appear that stiff and drained in a fight.
    Last edited by Vadrigar.; 06-20-2010, 04:53 PM.

Not quite as bad as the towers falling.

Comment

Originally posted by Bhopreign View Post
      i don't think ts considers that thing bad at all...

Comment

No it was one of his best , he was hurt and still in total control and came back and dominated the end of the round , showed a very calculated cool fighter under pressure .

Comment

Originally posted by Bhopreign View Post
          ............................................strang e.

Comment

real talk...i don't remember the last time i seen floyd really hurt like that

Comment

Originally posted by Reloaded View Post
              No it was one of his best , he was hurt and still in total control and came back and dominated the end of the round , showed a very calculated cool fighter under pressure .
              It clearly wasn't one of his best, he got clocked with a big punch and almost got dropped. You could argue that's the most hurt he's ever been.

You could say he recovered well but it clearly wasn't close to one of his best, one of his best would be pretty much every round of his destruction of Gatti, Corrales or the late rounds against Mosley where he took all Mosley's strengths away from him.

Comment

Originally posted by ummeed View Post
                i don't think ts considers that thing bad at all...

Please keep your posts relevant.

Comment

Originally posted by Ryn0 View Post
                  It clearly wasn't one of his best, he got clocked with a big punch and almost got dropped. You could argue that's the most hurt he's ever been.

You could say he recovered well but it clearly wasn't close to one of his best, one of his best would be pretty much every round of his destruction of Gatti, Corrales or the late rounds against Mosley where he took all Mosley's strengths away from him.
                  Depends what your looking for its showed a side of Floyd we hadnt seen , being on top is easy , coming from behind is not so easy , Floyd showed his depth and that he is more complete .

Comment

Originally posted by Reloaded View Post
                    Depends what your looking for its showed a side of Floyd we hadnt seen , being on top is easy , coming from behind is not so easy , Floyd showed his depth and that he is more complete .
                    Showing an attribute such as being able to come back from taking a big punch is kind of countered by the fact you took a big punch.

What would you consider the best round of Roy Jones career? round 2 in the Montell Griffin rematch? Pretty much every round of the Toney fight? Or the rounds he took huge punches from Tarver in the first fight to come back and win?

Comment

Working...
                    X