No announcement yet.

David Haye vs Kubrat Pulev: Predictions and breakdown

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by D-MiZe View Post
    He's a **** but I'm not exaggerating his flaws because I don't like him.

Look at what Tua did to Ruiz, that's power. You make it sound like Haye did something similar, except it took him 9 rounds and was caught multiple times in the process.

Didn't Ruiz have Haye shook at one point?

Old man Vitali couldn't stop Chisora and Haye could, that's hardly an achievement. Like I said, Chisora got sloppy and gave Haye the opportunity. His power is good, if Haye lands multiple shots on you - you will be in danger. But he does not possess 1-punch KO power, he does possess a fearful rabbit punch though.

His reflexes aren't so that good that he can afford to, as he cannot. If he had a chin like McCall, then by all means, don't protect it. He doesn't take his opponent's jab away, he eats it.

The highlighted part has everything to do with what has been said. It's not hard to look defensively slick against Harrison or out-speed Monte Barrett.
    How do you explain Haye looking defensively slick against Chisora? he frustrated Chisora into making mistakes because Haye was just untouchable that night

Comment

Originally posted by D-MiZe View Post
      He's a **** but I'm not exaggerating his flaws because I don't like him.

Look at what Tua did to Ruiz, that's power. You make it sound like Haye did something similar, except it took him 9 rounds and was caught multiple times in the process.

Didn't Ruiz have Haye shook at one point?

Old man Vitali couldn't stop Chisora and Haye could, that's hardly an achievement. Like I said, Chisora got sloppy and gave Haye the opportunity. His power is good, if Haye lands multiple shots on you - you will be in danger. But he does not possess 1-punch KO power, he does possess a fearful rabbit punch though.

His reflexes aren't so that good that he can afford to, as he cannot. If he had a chin like McCall, then by all means, don't protect it. He doesn't take his opponent's jab away, he eats it.

The highlighted part has everything to do with what has been said. It's not hard to look defensively slick against Harrison or out-speed Monte Barrett.
      First off, Haye had hardly been sparring up to the fight so his timing was all off. Haye broke his nose and put him on the floor in 30 secs, and you dismiss that completely. OK I see where this is going.

No he did not have him shook at any point in the fight.

OK so it was Chisora's fault Haye knocked him out. Sounds logical my man. You need to start giving credit where credit is due. Haye opened him up in the fourth and landed a sweet right hand at the end of the round. Chisora started to backtrack and didn't really recover for the 5th where Haye landed the most beautiful left hook you could ever hope to see. But I guess it was just Chisora being sloppy.

Doesn't possess 1 punch KO power? I just don't agree but that's you're opinion I guess. It's just incorrect.

Comment

Originally posted by Col. Hans Landa View Post
        How do you explain Haye looking defensively slick against Chisora? he frustrated Chisora into making mistakes because Haye was just untouchable that night
        Apparently it was Chisoras fault that Haye looked good.

Comment

Originally posted by Earl Hickey View Post
          If they fight, who wins.

People picking PULEV, I want to hear HOW he wins, not just "pulev ko's him"

Personally I pick Haye.

I like Pulev a lot, but the style matchup here is an awful one for him.

Since Pulev lacks an inside game or the ability to pressure behind a high guard, this fight will be fought on the outside.

Haye has faster hands, more power and better movement and head movement.

He's basically got it covered, Pulev does not have the best defence and is open to the overhand right which is Hayes KO punch.

Based on the Styles, Chisora and even Johnny Ruiz were more difficult for Haye.

I have Haye stopping him in 8.

I also have "pulev was a hype job" as the excuse afterwards.
          Im sold

Comment

You guys should listen to the expert analysis of Lacedup. A guy who has never picked a British fighter to lose and probably picked David Haye to KO Wladimir Klitschko.

Look back at his awesome pre fight analysis about how and why David Price was going to mop the floor with Tony Thompson and you will see what a brilliant prognosticator he is!

Comment

Originally posted by Earl Hickey View Post
              If they fight, who wins.

People picking PULEV, I want to hear HOW he wins, not just "pulev ko's him"

Personally I pick Haye.

I like Pulev a lot, but the style matchup here is an awful one for him.

Since Pulev lacks an inside game or the ability to pressure behind a high guard, this fight will be fought on the outside.

Haye has faster hands, more power and better movement and head movement.

He's basically got it covered, Pulev does not have the best defence and is open to the overhand right which is Hayes KO punch.

Based on the Styles, Chisora and even Johnny Ruiz were more difficult for Haye.

I have Haye stopping him in 8.

I also have "pulev was a hype job" as the excuse afterwards.
              Lulz Why would Pulev pressure or fight inside? Haye has no inside game either by the way.

Pulev presents alot of the same style challenges that Wlad did. Big, imposing jab, very good at controlling range largely thanks to his fast footspeed. His defense is similar to Vitali relying on his reflexes but he has the footspeed of Wlad when it comes to pulling out of range when your try jumping in like Haye does.

I would expect a pretty simiar style dynamic as the Wlad/Haye fight only Pulev isn't as apprehensive, has a better chin, less of a punch variety and not as much power.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman932 View Post
                You guys should listen to the expert analysis of Lacedup. A guy who has never picked a British fighter to lose and probably picked David Haye to KO Wladimir Klitschko.

Look back at his awesome pre fight analysis about how and why David Price was going to mop the floor with Tony Thompson and you will see what a brilliant prognosticator he is!
                Hilarious coming from someone that probably holds the record for the most wrong predictions in a single post

Originally posted by Hitman932 View Post
                You're right there will be upsets just not in those fights.

Pavlik will knock out Martinez
                Funeka will rout Guzman, again.
                Chambers is getting KTFO, no doubt about it.

There will be some upsets though, that's for sure.

I agree that Dirrell beats Abraham plus Ruiz is gonna beat Haye and Paulie will KO Khan.

I also think Victor Cayo has an excellent chance of knocking out Marcos Maidana.
                Last edited by Jam Jars; 04-09-2013, 05:46 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X