Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gerald McClellan Takes 2 Knees In Rnd 10 against Benn. Did he quit??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yea he quit. Damn I remember seeing this fight a long time ago too and thought the same.

Comment

Originally posted by juicyj View Post
      total disrespect.
      It's total disrespect to call him a quitter is what it is.

He was a warrior that gave the fans all he had. The fact that people can call him and Cotto a quitter is what's truly disrespectful.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingGenius27 View Post
        I did have to go there. Because it's poster's like Mak and Co. that think it's ok to lean against the ropes and let someone pound on you when the fight is clearly over, just so internet warriors won't call you a quitter.

I might not like MMA as much as boxing, but I truly respect that sport and there fans. Some of these fans here have me thinking boxing fans are savages that want fighters to fight to the death.

The fact that posters even called McClellan a quitter, clearly let me see the mentality hear and how much nerve these keyboard warriors have. If someone still calls McClellan a quitter like the announcers were, clearly have personal, sadistic problems. It's sick.

quit crying because mak schooled you bro

in boxing, what those men did is quitting the fight, for whatever reason they did

youre a loser for bringing up gman to support your loser cause.... id rather fight with bazooka over an illegal floyd ko

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Fantastic View Post
          Yea he quit. Damn I remember seeing this fight a long time ago too and thought the same.
          Please ban this tard.

How the heck can a man with permanent brain damage and blood for a mask be a quitter?

I'm not even a Cotto fan like that, but damn. Some of you guys are sick. Probably never felt a punch in your life.

Comment

Originally posted by Sir Rizzle View Post
            you didnt have to go there man. GMan got messed up for life, it's a terrible, terrible tragedy. If I'm not mistaken, he had been complaining of chronic headaches since his fight with Julian Jackson. not trying to sway a pov one way or another since it really doesnt matter.

i see what you're trying to say but the truth is you're just upset that Mak has gone at you hard and you're pulling out every card to justify cotto quitting.

cotto quit, now he's about to give revenge a crack (no pun intended) on saturday night. let's enjoy saturday night and STFU accordingly.

Exactly....it was an existing problem that basically came to a head in the Benn fight, it would have happened against anybody, and to round it out he was still giving it to Benn. What happened to McClellan was terrible, he was a really good fighter, and it would have been great to see him vs RJJ, James Toney and bHop.

IMO he was a far better fighter than Benn, even though the tards like to say Benn brain damaged him......like having a brain annuerism isn't the result of repeated blunt force traumas, and Benn just happened to cause the clot in 30 minutes. No it was already there.........

Comment

Originally posted by LatinKing416 View Post
              quit crying because mak schooled you bro

in boxing, what those men did is quitting the fight, for whatever reason they did

youre a loser for bringing up gman to support your loser cause.... id rather fight with bazooka over an illegal floyd ko
              You're sick also.
              Last edited by BoxingGenius27; 12-01-2011, 12:14 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingGenius27 View Post
                I did have to go there. Because it's poster's like Mak and Co. that think it's ok to lean against the ropes and let someone pound on you when the fight is clearly over, just so internet warriors won't call you a quitter.

I might not like MMA as much as boxing, but I truly respect that sport and there fans. Some of these fans here have me thinking boxing fans are savages that want fighters to fight to the death.

The fact that posters even called McClellan a quitter, clearly let me see the mentality hear and how much nerve these keyboard warriors have. If someone still calls McClellan a quitter like the announcers were, clearly have personal, sadistic problems. It's sick.
                Just because you 'Quit' doesn't necessarily make you a 'Quitter'. As funny as that sounds.

Gerald is by no means a 'quitter'. He had no choice but to quit, the man had brain damage, he probably could barely control his actions at that point. Despite 'quitting' Geralrd is a warrior, he was prepared to die in the ring, and he damn near did.

Much of the same applies for Cotto. Cotto isn't a 'quitter'. Cotto also went out on his shield and 'gave in' to the punishment because he could damn near no longer stand.

Victor Ortiz, on the other hand, is a quitter. He quit when he had alot left. He just quit because he knew what was coming, despite having a lot left in the take.

You see what I'm saying?

Comment

I knew this thread would be about the Cotto thing from several hours ago, but you're really only arguing linguistics here. Quitting and being beaten into submission are the same damn thing. It is not like they went down on a phantom punch for the mob or something, they tried their best...lost...and submitted. The word for that is quitting, but it isn't a knock on any fighter.

Comment

Robrto Duran quit in a fight, yet every ATG list i see has him in the top ten, some even in the top 5.

People make too much of this sometimes.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                      Just because you 'Quit' doesn't necessarily make you a 'Quitter'. As funny as that sounds.

Gerald is by no means a 'quitter'.
                      He had no choice but to quit, the man had brain damage, he probably could barely control his actions at that point. Despite 'quitting' Geralrd is a warrior, he was prepared to die in the ring, and he damn near did.

Much of the same applies for Cotto. Cotto isn't a 'quitter'. Cotto also went out on his shield and 'gave in' to the punishment because he could damn near no longer stand.

Victor Ortiz, on the other hand, is a quitter. He quit when he had alot left. He just quit because he knew what was coming, despite having a lot left in the take.

You see what I'm saying?

very well said, with lots patience for these losers that i just dont have

the guys quit.... cotto quit.... gman quit.... EVEN DURAN QUIT.... and thats what it is.... it doesnt make them quitters

but this loser genius is going off on everybody because he cant make that distinction

Comment

Working...
                      X