Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boxing fans, I need your help (serious post)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boxing fans, I need your help (serious post)

I'm truly sorry if you consider this spam, but I need to do it.

Boxing fans and friends, I am a finalist in a competition to be the next in-park announcer for the San Diego Padres at their stadium, Petco Park. Some of you know me for writing at Queensberry-Rules.com, others because I run the Boxing History page on Facebook, and yet others for running the @BoxingHistory account on Twitter. The point is I need your help.

A number of posters here that know me from Twitter or Queensberry Rules have already voted for me, as did the BoxingScene Twitter account:

Please go to this website: http://www.padres.com/announcer

...vote for me (they spelled my name wrong - "Patrick Conner") toward the bottom of the page. And please click the button/link that says "Tweet" to the right of my name toward the top of the page. If you're on Twitter, tweet the hashtag "#PadresPA7", which sends out another vote for me.

You certainly are not obligated to do anything, but I would appreciate it, and it would be a chance to show that we're boxing fans and support our own. At this moment, I'm getting beaten in the Twitter portion by a professional wrestler. You can't let that happen...can you?

I need your help.

Thank you,

Patrick Connor

Did it......

Comment

It's done. Best of luck.

Comment

Thank you both!

And if it makes anyone more comfortable about me not kidding or being spam or anything, Big Daddy Kane also voted for me:

...as did Chris Santos, chef and judge from the TV show Chopped:

Just saying!

Thanks again

Comment

Chris Santos is a d-bag.

You've got my vote.

Comment

I had already done it earlier.... I think I saw a link in RagingBabe's facebook. I remember you from MaxB...

Comment

Originally posted by robust_ View Post
              Chris Santos is a d-bag.

You've got my vote.
              He's harsh on the show, that's for sure. Past that, I don't know him apart from him helping me out on this and what he tweets, which is usually about metal or cooking. Both are right up my alley. Regardless, thank you!

Comment

Originally posted by La Jefa View Post
                I had already done it earlier.... I think I saw a link in RagingBabe's facebook. I remember you from MaxB...
                Thank you very much, and Michelle has been very nice to me, every interaction I've had with her.

Did you used to post on Max?

Comment

just voted for you I noticed that there are other guys with higher votes, i'll try to ask for help from some friends in my e-community. pinoys are fond of making some peeps win.

Comment

Originally posted by Integrital View Post
                    I'm truly sorry if you consider this spam, but I need to do it.

Boxing fans and friends, I am a finalist in a competition to be the next in-park announcer for the San Diego Padres at their stadium, Petco Park. Some of you know me for writing at Queensberry-Rules.com, others because I run the Boxing History page on Facebook, and yet others for running the @BoxingHistory account on Twitter. The point is I need your help.

A number of posters here that know me from Twitter or Queensberry Rules have already voted for me, as did the BoxingScene Twitter account:

Please go to this website: http://www.padres.com/announcer

...vote for me (they spelled my name wrong - "Patrick Conner") toward the bottom of the page. And please click the button/link that says "Tweet" to the right of my name toward the top of the page. If you're on Twitter, tweet the hashtag "#PadresPA7", which sends out another vote for me.

You certainly are not obligated to do anything, but I would appreciate it, and it would be a chance to show that we're boxing fans and support our own. At this moment, I'm getting beaten in the Twitter portion by a professional wrestler. You can't let that happen...can you?

I need your help.

Thank you,

Patrick Connor
                    What professional wrestler?

Comment

Working...
                    X