Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So can someone explain to me the story of Edwin Valero?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So can someone explain to me the story of Edwin Valero?

I remember hearing about him a while ago (i wasnt a fan when he was boxing) and then I heard about him again today. I knew he died but I never knew he killed his own wife and then himself (he was a sicko for that). But something about him intrigues me, maybe it was his 27-0 27 KO record. Or maybe its because he looked like an absolute savage and fought like one too. And then to go along with it he did something very savage in killing his wife/self. He had that special savage element to him it seems like every boxer plays the front for, but he wasnt playing no front. He was crazy. I love the several youtube documentaries on him where his former trainers hold back no secrets about what went on in the gym with him. But they all seem very short, and there is very few of them. Can anyone shed more light on this guy. I want to know it all. I am very intrigued by this guy.

Also, is there any truth to rumor he was killed? I cant imagine someone with that much talent in ANYTHING taking their own life like that. Even if they are facing life in prison. I heard he was doing drugs towards the latter part of his life and that might of played a role, but i also heard that he was murdered, and didnt take his own life....I just want to hear a little bit more maybe from some people that actually know what the hell happened with Edwin Valero.

Oh yea and he looked like a future ATG for sure. Perhaps would be ruling 140 now...
    Last edited by killamoneymike; 05-15-2013, 07:22 PM.

he knocked out Broner in sparring once...Pearly J was at the gym and confirmed it

Comment

I never saw the documentaries on him but I heard this guy a part of a ruthless gang in Caracas and he was a heavy drug user. I believe the day or night he killed his wife he snorted about 2 ounces of coke and was drunk everyday since the he got to Venezuela after the Demarco fight.

Comment

Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
        he knocked out Broner in sparring once...Pearly J was at the gym and confirmed it
        stahhhh lien. We all know that Eroll Spence is the only one on the planet who has knocked out both Adrien Broner and Floyd Mayweather. Valero trained in Cali and his home country. Pretty sure he never even met Adrien Broner, even if AB was boxing at the time.

Comment

He was an alcoholic and a coke head who beat his wife and eventually brutally murdered her.

He was a pretty good fighter with a heavily padded record. He was more of an accumilation guy than one punch KO. A Pac or JMM fight would have been amazing and Im pretty sure he was close to fighting Bradley before he died.

Comment

Originally posted by killamoneymike View Post
            stahhhh lien. We all know that Eroll Spence is the only one on the planet who has knocked out both Adrien Broner and Floyd Mayweather. Valero trained in Cali and his home country. Pretty sure he never even met Adrien Broner, even if AB was boxing at the time.

Valero was an unbelievable slugger...up until the DeMarco fight, people thought that's all he could do...however, in that fight, he showed that he could also box

the problem with Valero and his passing, up to the point he never really fought anyone..i remember him in a knock down drag em fight against Mosquerra where he got put on his ass and was huffin and puffin to a late KO win

his 'legend' has somehow grown into mythical proportion...for me, he was just a fun fighter to watch but we'll never really know how he would have done when it was time to face the elites in his divisions

Comment

Originally posted by PRchamp View Post
              I never saw the documentaries on him but I heard this guy a part of a ruthless gang in Caracas and he was a heavy drug user. I believe the day or night he killed his wife he snorted about 2 ounces of coke and was drunk everyday since the he got to Venezuela after the Demarco fight.
              I heard the part of him being part of a ruthless gang. Thats crazy....But thats even more badass when you think about it....The ending with him killing his wife is NOT COOL but makes his story even that much more intriguing nonetheless...Atleast to me.

You'd think he would steer clear of doing coke I know it is very big over there in Venezuala and everyone has their demons but it sure ended up ****ing him over big time. I'm sure it was the drugs too.

I used to have a friend named Tony who was normal, as hell. Never would assume of him doing anything crazy. Once he started doing coke he started doing crazy ****. Got arrested for choking his mom one time and I kind of lost relations with him ever since.

I can see how drugs like cocaine can end up leading a person to do something they'd regret, but I just dont know how it can make you do ALL THAT. Most of had some hell of demons as well for him to do that.

Comment

Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post

his 'legend' has somehow grown into mythical proportion...for me, he was just a fun fighter to watch but we'll never really know how he would have done when it was time to face the elites in his divisions
                Thats more or less how I viewed him too. Didnt seem TOO crazy talented although he def had talent. Prob an ATG though but who knows. I still think the legend behind him has more to do with how he was outside of the ring.

Comment

Originally posted by killamoneymike View Post
                  Thats more or less how I viewed him too. Didnt seem TOO crazy talented although he def had talent. Prob an ATG though but who knows. I still think the legend behind him has more to do with how he was outside of the ring.

nah...it was the crazy KO ratio...people get sprung easy on those numbers

Comment

FWIW, Mikey Garcia said that he was the hardest puncher he ever sparred.

That's compared to Pacquiao, Joel Diaz Jr., Ponce De Leon, Brandon Rios, etc.

Comment

Working...
                    X