No announcement yet.

Footwork

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Footwork

What are some good footwork drills? any youtube links..? i need help with my foot work...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z3yQ2oUx3Sw

This is a video of Freddy Roach giving some advice on footwork and stance.

Comment

I have horrible footwork "horrible foot speed".I was thinking about getting on of those dancing game things..Fun=more=better...Jump rope is never going to be fun for me. It's stagnant.. Dancing seems more like a boxing footwork dynamic and changing..

Comment

Hi there, The link shared by the cja07007 is really helpful to all the beginner's and all the guy's learnt allot from this kind of the video, Thanks buddy for sharing that kind of the video with all of us... Keep sharing more one post's regarding the help related to foot work also and also the tact's to do the great one boxing...

Comment

Originally posted by Crushedknee View Post
          I have horrible footwork "horrible foot speed".I was thinking about getting on of those dancing game things..Fun=more=better...Jump rope is never going to be fun for me. It's stagnant.. Dancing seems more like a boxing footwork dynamic and changing..
          if u want to learn how to box u cant just do whats fun. bottom line jumping rope is a cornerstone to boxing and cant be overlooked no matter if u like it or not.

when u tell your trainer u dont jump rope bcuz its boring but its okey cuz u got a dancing game instead, please video tape his reaction and post it here.

Comment

Originally posted by #1Assassin View Post
            if u want to learn how to box u cant just do whats fun. bottom line jumping rope is a cornerstone to boxing and cant be overlooked no matter if u like it or not.

when u tell your trainer u dont jump rope bcuz its boring but its okey cuz u got a dancing game instead, please video tape his reaction and post it here.
            i really only think jump rope is necessiary untill you know how to do it.

like it helps coordinate your hands and feet but in my opinion once your decent at it its really only useful for stamina.

3 mins concentrating only on foot work and keeping your hands up or 3 mins working with a slip line id say is much better then 3 mins jumping rope, but thats just my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by Spartacus Sully View Post
              i really only think jump rope is necessiary untill you know how to do it.

like it helps coordinate your hands and feet but in my opinion once your decent at it its really only useful for stamina.

3 mins concentrating only on foot work and keeping your hands up or 3 mins working with a slip line id say is much better then 3 mins jumping rope, but thats just my opinion.
              well i disagree. i think jumping rope is great for balance, footspeed, coordination etc. general footwork basicly.

thats not the real point though, the real point is the kid doesnt want to jump rope cuz he doesnt think its fun and with that attitude u can forget about learning how to box, or achieving anything in life really. some things u just have to do no matter if they are fun or not.

what about the days he doesnt feel like going to the gym at all? it wouldnt be fun that day so he wont do it? how about when he gets hit in the liver? thats not very amusing either.. but u cant become a boxer with that attitude.

Comment

Working...
              X