No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mayweather Sr: Hatton Would Not Whoop Malignaggi

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Mayweather Sr: Hatton Would Not Whoop Malignaggi

When thinking of unusual duos in the sport of boxing, former champion Ricky Hatton and brazen trainer Floyd Mayweather Sr. could easily come to mind.

For two fights Mayweather would work with Hatton, guiding him to an 11th round TKO victory over Paulie Malignaggi in November of 2008 while also watching from ringside six months later as Manny Pacquiao knocked out the British star in chilling fashion in just under two rounds.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Originally posted by Enzo The Clown
    Where are all of Floyd Sr. fighters? Big mouth but nothing on the big stage. Floyd did Hatton well in his Paq fight. Same as Khan though hatton has a glass jaw. How do you train a glass jaw?
    um..Floyd was not in nations corner for the Manny fight. And he only trained him for 2 fights so it is what it is. Hard to change someone's fighting style in 2 fights if that fighters been using a different style throughout his career.

Comment

Where are all of Floyd Sr. fighters? Big mouth but nothing on the big stage. Floyd did Hatton well in his Paq fight. Same as Khan though hatton has a glass jaw. How do you train a glass jaw?

No way has Hatton got a glass jaw, he walked through Tszyu's and Urango's punches and did not blink, he also stepped up a weight class and hung in with 2 world champions Collazo and Mayweather.

Comment

We all know why Hatton ****ed up, he binges on takeaways and booze and blows up to near cruiserweight before fights. To much wear and tear .

Comment

Originally posted by chocolate View Post
          No way has Hatton got a glass jaw, he walked through Tszyu's and Urango's punches and did not blink, he also stepped up a weight class and hung in with 2 world champions Collazo and Mayweather.
          You have to admit, his chin did look suspect after the Mayweather fight. The "Hispanic Causing Panic" wobbled him and even Paulie straightened his legs with a counter. AND then we all saw how little punch resistance he had against Manny. I think all the wars and his lifestyle has made him quite chinny.

Comment

Just ask the truck driver who knocked out hatton in the bar about rickie's glass jaw. Hatton is not very good and just like Enzo he collapses when hit and sleeps mid ring like a wee whiteelf.
            Hatton doesn't have a glass jaw, you're only exposing your ignorance and judging by the part in bold, your racism.

Comment

Originally posted by Sage84 View Post
              You have to admit, his chin did look suspect after the Mayweather fight. The "Hispanic Causing Panic" wobbled him and even Paulie straightened his legs with a counter. AND then we all saw how little punch resistance he had against Manny. I think all the wars and his lifestyle has made him quite chinny.
              I don't remember Paulie getting to him but it's probably fair to say the Mayweather fight had an impact on his punch resistance. Hatton isn't a fighter who had a glass jaw though, he had great punch resistance for much of his career and never focused on his defence.

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
                I don't remember Paulie getting to him but it's probably fair to say the Mayweather fight had an impact on his punch resistance. Hatton isn't a fighter who had a glass jaw though, he had great punch resistance for much of his career and never focused on his defence.
                Paulie cracked him in the middle rounds with a check hook. Hatton was kind of mid air at the time as he was lunging in and stumbled ever so slightly as he landed and turn back towards Paulie and nodded his head in acknowledgement. Cant remember which round exactly but keep your eye out for it if you ever re-watch it.

Comment

I really hope that Ricky Hatton doesn't come back. He should have stopped fighting after the Mayweather fight. He was a pale shell of his former self after that, just mentally and physically ruined. And then came the Pacquiao fight and the drug issues. He's made a lot of money and should be satisfied with what he's achieved in the game.
                  Last edited by JK1700; 07-19-2012, 10:25 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by JK1700 View Post
                    I really hope that Hatton doesn't come back. He should have stopped fighting after the Mayweather fight.
                    Me too mate.

Comment

Working...
                    X