Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Arce vs. Darchiniyan Possible in 2007?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Arce vs. Darchiniyan Possible in 2007?

Ticket Alert: Arce, Pavlik!

Tuesday, December 19 2006

Tickets for Top Rank's big Jorge Arce vs. Julio Ler fight will go on sale on Thursday, Dec. 21, at the Honda Center in Anaheim. Arce, a two-time world champion, will take on Ler in the main event on Saturday, Jan. 27. In the opening televised bout, unbeaten middleweight Kelly Pavlik will face the wildly popular Jose Luis Zertuche. Both fights are scheduled for 12 rounds. The undercard will feature unbeaten super welterweight Vanes Martirosyan of Glendale, Calif. Tickets are $200, $100, $75, $50 and $30. Tickets will be available at the Honda Center Box Office, on-line at ticketmaster.com, by phone at 714-740-2000 and at all Ticketmaster outlets.

it seems to me that arce has other plans. hes not even responding to vic. Hes only Frontin it seems

Comment

If it doesn't happen, you pretty much know why. From what I've heard of it, it seems to be pretty probable for next year. I hope it happens. Arce has plenty of reasons to be scared.

Comment

I hope it happens and Arce whoops Vic's arrogant ass.

Comment

I hope it happens and Arce whoops Vic's arrogant ass.
          i hear ya!!

Comment

Hope it goes beyond "possible", darts past "probable", and and quickly gets into the realm of actually occuring.

Comment

Hey guys I must say that Arce is a great fighter and I have a lot of respect for him as a boxer. But what I dont like is Top Rank and Bob Arum protecting his ass. ****ing Bob Arum is worried about his $$$ and doesnt want to risk Arce's reputation against Darchinyan. Since Darchinyan is at his peak he wont put Arce up against Darch right up until Darch gets older and this is when he will keep in. This is the reason why i hate Bob Arum.

Comment

This is a pick em fight i think a motivated Arce can take Vic out now. I think this fight is gonna happen soon, should be great.

Comment

Originally posted by flipbjefrox View Post
                  Ticket Alert: Arce, Pavlik!

Tuesday, December 19 2006

Tickets for Top Rank's big Jorge Arce vs. Julio Ler fight will go on sale on Thursday, Dec. 21, at the Honda Center in Anaheim. Arce, a two-time world champion, will take on Ler in the main event on Saturday, Jan. 27. In the opening televised bout, unbeaten middleweight Kelly Pavlik will face the wildly popular Jose Luis Zertuche. Both fights are scheduled for 12 rounds. The undercard will feature unbeaten super welterweight Vanes Martirosyan of Glendale, Calif. Tickets are $200, $100, $75, $50 and $30. Tickets will be available at the Honda Center Box Office, on-line at ticketmaster.com, by phone at 714-740-2000 and at all Ticketmaster outlets.
                  You know what Im lookin forward to on that card

The Press Confrence is tommorow in Downtown LA, Ill get some pics.

Comment

The amount of talk and speculation about this match-up, which is incredible for a lighter weight match, should make it happen,
                    but I don't think it's going to happen till late in the year, mainly due Arum, who'll want to milk as much as possible out of the build-up.

Darchinyan's been calling out Arce for a while now, though, so even if Arum would prefer to avoid it, he can't do so without Arce, one of his main guarenteed money fighters, losing a lot of respect.

November 2007 is my guess.

PS. Don't think this has anything to do with Arce, who'd probably fight a Heavyweight for kicks on 2 days notice.

As for the fight, this one's a pick'em - who's going to be able to figure out the other guys style the quickest is what it'll probably come down to.
                    Last edited by macman; 12-21-2006, 11:31 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X