Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jose Luis Castillo: Underrated Mexican fighter, underrated fighter in his time?????

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He is certainly underrated and certainly the best Lightweight of his era, without question.

You have people these day's consider Andre Ward's wins over Froch and Kessler to be superior to Mayweather's wins over Castillo, for example.

Comment

too bad he didnt get the win he deserved over floyd
      alotta things would be different right now

Comment

Castillo: one of my favorite fighters along with the Marquez brothers. Castillo is still fighting well past his prime and even though his resume is not the greatest he has the heart and and guts to give a good fight

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
          He is certainly underrated and certainly the best Lightweight of his era, without question.

You have people these day's consider Andre Ward's wins over Froch and Kessler to be superior to Mayweather's wins over Castillo, for example.
          I just don't agree. I'd say Mayweather's win/s over Castillo are better than Ward's wins over Kessler and Froch. Ward's wins over Froch and Kessler are more like Floyd over Genaro or Corrales to me.

I was just shocked that when someone was talking about the Gatti/HOF thing, they said "If they let Gatti in, I guess theys hould just let Augustus/Ward/Castillo in for being exciting fighters", which was just wrong in my opinion. The early and mid 2000's, there wasn't a better Lightweight. It wouldn't even be a question on should Castillo one day wind up in the HOF had he gotten the win over Floyd in the first fight, a fight I thought he pulled out barely. He gave Floyd without question his most difficult fight.

Comment

Working...
          X