No announcement yet.

who rans higher as a ATG Floyd or Pernell Whitaker

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pturtle View Post
    Okay better then his top 4 wins, is that better? Floyd doesn't have any prime all time greats on his list which is why his resume isn't respected. If Floyd beat Pac or Martinez then this will be a real discussion
    Martinez is far from an ATG or a hall of famer. I don't know why people keep bringing his name up. The biggest thing Martinez has done was KO an overrated Paul Williams.

Comment

Originally posted by pturtle View Post
      Okay better then his top 4 wins, is that better? Floyd doesn't have any prime all time greats on his list which is why his resume isn't respected. If Floyd beat Pac or Martinez then this will be a real discussion
      Floyd doesn't have any ATG period prime or not. But, that's not Floyd fault. There wasn't any ATG during his time. Right now Pac is the only one that could fit the mold.

And, even beating Pac won't put him greater than Whitaker. And, Pac might be the best win of his career.
      Last edited by Roman Moreno; 05-14-2012, 02:00 AM.

Comment

Whitaker is the better fighter and has the better resume
        he consolidated LW, which prime Floyd failed to do
        JMW Vasquez is a better win that most give Pea credit for too

Comment

Originally posted by Roman Moreno View Post
          Floyd doesn't have any ATF period prime or not. But, that's not Floyd fault. There wasn't any ATG during his time. Right now Pac is the only one that could fit the mold.

And, even beating Pac won't put him greater than Whitaker. And, Pac might be the best win of his career.
          Pretty much the way I see it. Its not entirely Floyd's fault. Even though he should have fought these guys earlier in his career but in Floyd's defense his issue with a certain promoter with some fights could have block them from happening anyway. This era of boxing hasn't produced a lot of ATG at all in Floyd's reign so even if he did fight all those guys in their prime he wouldn't be ranked high. He was just born into the wrong era of boxing.

Comment

Whitaker by a ****s hair. The gap isn't as wide as some in this thread are making it out to be.

BTW, Floyd's win over Marquez is comparable if not greater than Whitaker's win over Nelson.

Floyd has nothing close to a prime Chavez Sr. on his resume though.

Comment

Floyd doesn't have any ATG period prime or not. But, that's not Floyd fault. There wasn't any ATG during his time. Right now Pac is the only one that could fit the mold.

You don't think Marquez is an ATG?

Comment

in terms of accomplishments floyd imo...resume whitaker easy

Comment

whitaker. he cleaned out the lightweight division and left no doubt who the best 135lb fighter. floyd didnt do that. there was fighters like a spadafora a 5'9 slick southpaw who would gave him all he cud handle and maybe beat him. whitaker moved up and still was dominated and you can make a case that he should of been undefeated when he fought trinidad. a lot of ppl like myself felt he beat dlh and the ramirez robbery and chavez draw was a joke. people dont kno buddy mcgirt and amzmuah nelson were no joke. nelson was wat 8-0 wen he fought salvador sanchez. and was a hell of champion.

just a different breed of fighters back then. i just dont see floyd staying undefeated at that era. for whitaker to stay at the top in that era with all the personal problems he had and to be in there with dlh and trinidad in their prime who were taking guys out at 147 they couldnt take him out amazing

Comment

It's Whitaker by a clear margin.

@ some of the posts on here.

And this is a Boxing website.

Comment

This, this, this.

I agree with every single word.

Not only are people discrediting the McGirt wins. But, I even see people discrediting the Azumah Nelson win. Which is mind boggling to me.

And, every Floyd dickrider will disagree with this. But, Floyd does NOT have a win better than Whitaker win over Nelson.

And, I'm not even going to touch the Chavez and Ramirez travesties.
                      I saw that. Baffling, truly baffling.

Comment

Working...
                      X