Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Cintron’s Trainer Impressed, Says Floyd Decisions Canelo

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Cintron’s Trainer Impressed, Says Floyd Decisions Canelo

That was Ronnie Shields’ opinion less than 48 hours after watching Saul Alvarez defeat a fighter he trained, Kermit Cintron, by fifth-round technical knockout.

[Click Here To Read More]

Canelo is the real deal. He will be the next big mega star in boxing. I had a friend who seen him live on the undercard of Mayweather-Mosley card, and he was telling me how fast Canelo is. I think on tv he doesn't look as fast, but in a live fight, hes alot quicker. But what benefits Canelo is his patience. Like Floyd said, you can observe a fighter from the outside, but its different inside the ring.

Comment

been saying it the whole time lara would break his jaw.. they're scared of lara. i dont feed into hype.. i know skills and this kid doesn't have any. anybody that can box with beat his face in

Last edited by JibbaJabber; 11-30-2011, 06:56 AM.

Comment

[QUOTE=JibbaJabber;11493265]been saying it the whole time lara would break his jaw.. they're scared of lara. i dont feed into hype.. i know skills and this kid doesn't have any. anybody that can box with beat his face in

Not hating on Lara, hes badass. But if anybody needs to fight Lara, its *****ass Paul Williams. We all know Lara was robbed.

Comment

Props to Canelo for doing what he was expected to do! Yes.... he padded his resume with a Cintron win... but folks, let's keep things of perspective.

As per the post-fight coverage, you would think that he beat the reining champion of the division. It was kermit, a guy that is yet to KO someone in the super welters and has lost 3 of his last 4.

Kermit just need someone to stick the fork... and that's what GDP was 99% certain it would happen against Canelo.

Now the kid needs to protect his belt while milking us out of good fights and HBO dates. Yes.... he will fight against another former WW champion that needs to come up in weight. I don't know.... can anyone write or the likes of Mora & Company.

He look good... but just like Chavez Jr. his last fight was nothing more than an expensive sparring session against guys that knew they were in the ring because they had lost something.

By the way.... if you are going to interview a trainer, the least you can do is ask how their fighter is doing after the defeat.

Peace!

Comment

Shields, an over-rated trainer, like Roach, talks a good game but when you see Cintrons he had no game plan or way to get Cintron to develop an on-the-spot
            change...poor...Lara might happen 1 day...can't see Canelo fighting Floyd, ever...

Comment

I am sure this "trainer" is paid by De La Hoya and the mexicans to speak this way. We all saw that Cintron didn't fight, didn't even tried. In the other hands, how can a champion not being prepared to fight with anyone else in the weight. He is suppose to be a true champion and fight the best of the best. Bob Arum, De La Hoya and all promoters are taking the fans for stupids and we are following the game.
              Promoters...bring the real fights to the ring, otherwise, we all go for MMA.

Comment

Garbage, pure gar age, thats what shields speaks. Only tje same people that are impressed with guys like Gamboa, Chavez, Martinez, can ne so impresed with canelo. Theuve all been fighting bums and shot big names with no answer. Best fight for canelo rignt now is def kirkland. Both guys have power and come forward, and,they both have glass chins whicj means itwould prob end b4 6 but will ne a good scrap

Comment

Originally posted by JibbaJabber View Post
                  been saying it the whole time lara would break his jaw.. they're scared of lara. i dont feed into hype.. i know skills and this kid doesn't have any. anybody that can box with beat his face in

Lara was outboxed by mediocre Molina so I don't see how the better Alvare wouldn't be able to do it.....Alvarez rapes him

Comment

Patience fellas. 2012 will be the year Canelo steps up the competition, trust me. Either Canelo vs Floyd, Canelo vs cotto-cheato winner, or Canelo vs Mosley. And nobody can't be talking **** on Mosley because Mosleys last fight was against Pac.

Comment

Working...
                    X