Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Zab beats Garcia and becomes lineal champ at 140 will that get him to the HOF?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am not sure Garcia is the lineal champ. Pacquiao became lineal champ when he beat Hatton but left 140. When did Garcia become the new lineal 140 pound champ? I think lineal 140 is still up for grabs. Yes, Judah would probably be in the hall of fame even though he really not that good. He has been around a long time and won enough tittles to make it. If you study who is in the hall of fame you will find that some of the fighters in it are not that good.

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
      People are becoming too obsessed with the Ring rankings. They are just as bad as any belt organization. Not only do they bump up fighters unfairly, but they also just give away the belt now. I mean #2 v #5 can win a ring belt now. And people like Larry will call him a lineal champ

Even with the Ring belt being "free", they sure love giving it away. Vlad, Hernandez and Garcia, who all hold Ring belts are in reality not lineal champs
      Not true at all, they are much much better than all of the alphabet rankings. I'd say the ring rankings still remain solid, but you're right that new rule is stupid and its definitely biased to certain fighters.

Comment

Sadly yes it probably would do it, he would then have been the regarded champion of two weight classes but lets get back to reality......I look forward to Garcia slowly breaking him down and melting his coolaid pumping heart.

Comment

There is none. People are saying Garcia beating Khan started it, and its just laughable
          That is one weak beginning for a lineage, don't ya think? Bradley/Khan would've been the culmination of a pretty good lineage, too bad it got scrapped. Khan/Garcia starts the new lineage, and the second fight is Garcia/Judah. Garcia/Matthysse will be the third hopefully.

Garcia would be a pretty good win for Zab, and I guess holding the "lineal" title would be nice too. Zab would have to defend it a couple times to maximize the credit he receives.
          Last edited by kiaba360; 01-25-2013, 01:25 PM.

Comment

I didn't mind it being for the lineal title, in reference to Garcia-Khan. Khan already had wins over Maidana and Judah, and I thought Khan beat Peterson too. Garcia only had an ehhh win against Holt and an old Morales, so Matthysse probably should have been higher than Garcia in the rankings at the time.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadLikeMe View Post
              If you're going to call Gatti, Cotto, Morales and Barrera Hall of Famers you might as well throw Zab in there too.
              I understand the dissent towards gatti and cotto, but I think morales and Barrera more than deserve to be in the hof

Comment

Khan was #2 i think and Garcia was #3 and peterson was #1. Peterson was dropped from the ratings why? Even if he was he still beat Khan and was a head of him in the rankings in reality. How can you start a lineage when a guy is coming off a lose?

Garcia is NOT the lineal champ. He was just given the Ring belt because they wanted someone to have it
                He was dropped from the rankings because of the drug test.

So it was #1 vs #2 (According to the rankings) so many considered it to be for the Lineage.

I'd of course understand if someone were to consider it not to be.

In all honesty I'm not really interested. Khan shouldn't really have been fighting for the Lineage coming off a loss but it was #1 vs #2.

Comment

Peterson was #1 and Khan was #2, with Garcia being #3.

#2 vs #3 happened, sooo not a lineage
                  Peterson wasn't #1. He wasn't ranked.

#1 vs #2 happened.

Comment

why are people assuming that this is for the lineal title? because of the Rings stupid rankings? LOL Larry you are a dumb ass, Garcia does NOT hold the Lineal title. In order for there to be a Lineal champ, there has to be a consensus on who the #1 and #2 guy in the division are.

larry's dumb logic "you hold a ring magazine title, you = Lineal Champ "

Comment

Originally posted by ShamrockXpress View Post
                      I understand the dissent towards gatti and cotto, but I think morales and Barrera more than deserve to be in the hof
                      Morales resume is laughably ****...Floyd's resume ****s all over his. Especially considering Morales has spent years pissing away his ATG status. Barrera, Pacquiao, Jones...a bunch of ****ing cans and C level fighters or losses.

Comment

Working...
                      X