Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Shane Mosley - "Floyd Mayweather and Saul Alvarez hit about as hard as each other"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pan-Africanist View Post
    Does it really matter? Skills wins fights for the unteenth time. Havent we learned anything from last weekend. Manny drops his hands against the ropes and takes Cottos best shots, while little ol Marquez puts Manny to freakin sleep. Does anybody on here think Marquez is a bigger puncher than Cotto or Margarito for that matter?
    You know when it comes to anything Floyd trolls on here would eat their young if it somehow made Floyd look bad.

Comment

whats weird is that canelo seems to lack that 1-punch pop.... the dude CLEARLY throws some serious punches... but i scratch my head when i dont see him drop dudes from some the the punches i see him landing. i would definitely consider canelo a heavy-handed boxer... but wouldnt consider him with lights-out type of power. his punches seem to sap the energy from his opponents...

regarding shane, i wouldnt take his word too seriously... this is the same guy that claims pac was the hardest puncher he ever faced... yet jmm walked through pac's punches like nothing.... it seems shane got his promotor hat on again.

Comment

I'll keep what Shane said in mind.

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
        The guy basically asked him if Canelo was going to be able to do what he did (buckling Mayweather) so that might have influenced his response.

Maybe he's being genuine but personally I think Mosley looked a lot more beat up after the Canelo bout. although he did a lot better in that fight than he did against FMJ.
        I was surprised by how Alvarez was unable to force the corner to retire Shane despite all the shots he was landing. Mosley is a durable guy, so Alvarez not hitting too hard would be a reasonable explanation for why he couldn't stop Shane.

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
        Matthew Hatton claimed Kell Brook hit harder than Canelo.

At this moment in time I haven't seen anything that leads me to believe that Canelo hits as hard as made out. Until I see his power on display against a legitimate 154lb operator I will be forced to believe his power isn't exactly great.

Hes obviously a good puncher but I haven't seen anything to believe he's a concussive puncher. Just a guy wearing down a lot smaller foes mainly via accumulation in my eyes.
        interesting. I don't consider Brook a particularly gifted puncher either. Plus Brook is significantly smaller than Alvarez.

Originally posted by waxfondler View Post
        whats weird is that canelo seems to lack that 1-punch pop.... the dude CLEARLY throws some serious punches... but i scratch my head when i dont see him drop dudes from some the the punches i see him landing. i would definitely consider canelo a heavy-handed boxer... but wouldnt consider him with lights-out type of power. his punches seem to sap the energy from his opponents...

regarding shane, i wouldnt take his word too seriously... this is the same guy that claims pac was the hardest puncher he ever faced... yet jmm walked through pac's punches like nothing.... it seems shane got his promotor hat on again.
        He throws serious punches because he likes to load up on everything. Even with all that loading up he doesn't drop anyone leading me to believe he doesn't have as much power as advertised.

I believe he has to pace himself since loading up burns energy. He looked a little tired to me in the final round of the Lopez fight

Comment

floyd's lidocaine enhanced brittle hands cant even hurt past prime cotto, floyd's JMW punching power is getting hyped up to produce some interest in floyds future cherry pick in Canelo.

Comment

Why would he lie? Canelo has Power but it is not Vicious 1 Punch Power...who has he knocked out cold beside a old washed up Baldomir? Why are some of you trying to force yourselves into believing that Canelo has this "GREAT POWER" when he has never shown to have it

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
              The guy basically asked him if Canelo was going to be able to do what he did (buckling Mayweather) so that might have influenced his response.

Maybe he's being genuine but personally I think Mosley looked a lot more beat up after the Canelo bout. although he did a lot better in that fight than he did against FMJ.
              He was shut out by Canelo!

Comment

so hes saying manny hits harder then..

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by KnockUTheFukOut View Post
                  Why would he lie? Canelo has Power but it is not Vicious 1 Punch Power...who has he knocked out cold beside a old washed up Baldomir? Why are some of you trying to force yourselves into believing that Canelo has this "GREAT POWER" when he has never shown to have it
                  You don't ever speak against the great Canelo!!!

Comment

I never thought Canelo was a big puncher.............

Comment

Well Mosley would know he fought both fighters. Canelo vs Mayweather will happen in September in 2013.

Comment

Working...
                      X