Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

why does Manny Pacquiao need a catchweight against Cotto?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by immortal tech View Post
    since fans always bring up the fight night weight and all just wondering why wouldn't he fight Cotto at normal weight knowing he wil still hydrated to about the same and weigh less the Margarito
    It was after the Margarito fight in which he got badly hurt with body blows that Pacquiao said his body was to small to take the pounding of hard hitting big men like Margarito and he would no longer fight above 147 and give up 15 pounds or more in the ring. Some people were not paying attention but he meant what he said. It's not a matter of winning the fight, but a matter of your body paying a dear price even if you win. I believe it was Arum pushing the Pacquiao vs. Cotto fight and maybe Roach as well. I don't think Pacquiao had any intention of fighting Cotto at one ounce over 147. It is not that Pacquiao doesn't think he can beat Cotto at 154. Cotto is one of the best and hardest body punchers in the sport. Fighting him at 154 is exactly what Pacquiao said he would never do again right after the Margarito fight to save his body from career shortening punishment. Pacquiao is a big lightweight. He has a right to stop fighting over 147 but many on b.s. want him to fight 154 pounders. Floyd fought Cotto at 154 but Floyd is bigger than Pacquiao and he does not get hit much with body blows.

Comment

Originally posted by Perro View Post
      Exactly. Cotto says he's too big for WW now, and Pac says he's too small for JMW. With Cotto being a full blown JMW now, I'm not sure why he fought Margarito at a CW, do you?

Them fighting each other shouldn't even be considered. End of that.

Who the hell actually wants to see Cotto get his **** pushed in another 12 rounds again?
      This thread is about Pac and Cotto...why the hell will u bring a scumbag cheat into this?

Get your flag out of ur ass and wash it up. The topic is about 2 other fighters...

Comment

Originally posted by Einstien View Post
        This thread is about Pac and Cotto...why the hell will u bring a scumbag cheat into this?

Get your flag out of ur ass and wash it up. The topic is about 2 other fighters...
        Two other fighters that shouldn't be fighting each other, period. End of story. Stop with the racism or you're reported.

Comment

This fight does nothing for me, which should be the most important part of their careers.

Comment

Exactly. Cotto says he's too big for WW now, and Pac says he's too small for JMW. With Cotto being a full blown JMW now, I'm not sure why he fought Margarito at a CW, do you?

Them fighting each other shouldn't even be considered. End of that.

Who the hell actually wants to see Cotto get his **** pushed in another 12 rounds again?
            Cotto felt cheated and wants an advantage the way margarito had an advantage with the hand wraps,, c'mon son put all the pr vs mex shiiit aside and realize margarito is a piece of shhhh, U put ur life on the line every time u box so y make it more dangerous and use plaster,, Phuuck anyone who ever cheated in boxing no matter of their ethnicity point blank

Comment

He wasn't demanding ****, COTTO demanded the fight be at a CW and a rehydration clause. And proof that Margarito cheated against Cotto?
              Young man, I don't know if you've ever boxed before or have any knowledge of how handwraps work but when a fighter gets his hands wrapped it's nothing but gauge and tape. no matter how much you sweat during the bout, once the gloves are removed the wraps are still intact. their may be some minor blemishes on em but surely.. no tear, no rips.

After the Cotto fight when Margarito's gloves where removed there was a massive gash on one of his wraps. wraps are made of gauge and tape the only way gauge can hardened is if something is added to them.

Yes, there isn't no evidence that Margarito used them again Cotto but why when Margarito was confronted about the wraps he couldn't give us a straight answer to why they ripped? Again I stress, Wraps are not suppose to rip!! The prove is in the pudding buddy. If margo was going to use them again a burnt out Mosley at the time, he definitely used them again a undefeated Cotto in 08.
              Last edited by codey; 09-02-2012, 04:59 PM.

Comment

Its so very simple Pac thinks he CANNOT beat Cotto without a draining CW , the very nature of forcing one the first time proves he must have that advantage or he WONT fight ! what more evidence do you need lol , nobody will walk away on a huge payday over a few pounds if they dont deem it a must have to win !

Then after beating Cotto with the first CW , he STILL wont fight him without another draining CW , even though Cotto the man is still Cotto , Manny is such a phoney manipulator .

IF THE CWS DONT MEAN ANYTHING WHY DOES HE FORCE IT OR NO FIGHT ?

Comment

Originally posted by codey View Post
                  Young man, I don't know if you've ever boxed before or have any knowledge of how handwraps work but when a fighter gets his hands wrapped it's nothing but gauge and tape. no matter how much you sweat during the bout, once the gloves are removed the wraps are still intact. their may be some minor blemishes on em but surely.. no tear, no rips.

After the Cotto fight when Margarito's gloves where removed there was a massive gash on one of his wraps. wraps are made of gauge and tape the only way gauge can hardened is if something is added to them.

Yes, there isn't no evidence that Margarito used them again Cotto but why when Margarito was confronted about the wraps he could give us a straight answer to why they ripped? Again I stress, Wraps are not suppose to rip!! The prove is in the pudding buddy. If margo was going to use them again a burnt out Mosley at the time, he definitely used them again a undefeated Cotto in 08.
                  Stopped reading there. Source/proof?

Young man, you know that could have been a string, correct?

Comment

Stopped reading there. Source/proof?

Young man, you know that could have been a string, correct?
                    Your such a child !!

Comment

Originally posted by codey View Post

Yes, there isn't no evidence that Margarito used them again Cotto but why when Margarito was confronted about the wraps he couldn't give us a straight answer to why they ripped? Again I stress, Wraps are not suppose to rip!! The prove is in the pudding buddy. If margo was going to use them again a burnt out Mosley at the time, he definitely used them again a undefeated Cotto in 08.
                      it was no gash it was black thread/string...

Comment

Working...
                      X