Collapse
No announcement yet.

What could be wrong with my cable box?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [PLEASE HELP] What could be wrong with my cable box?

I have a Samsung SMT H3050 from Time Warner. It's connected and everything, and was working fine before today. It's connected but it looks like it's disconnected, it has no time, it doesn't say anything where the time is supposed to be. It won't run on or anything. I took a peek inside of the cable box and the little green light is on inside of it.

What could be the problem? I'm googling like crazy for any help. This had to happen on the tv where I watch boxing, on a day where i'm going to watch 3 boxing fights.

Could it be damaged? It's like 3 years old I think.

have you tried resetting it? my box has a tiny pin prick reset button and that usually fixes whatever is bugging it out at the time.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
      I have a Samsung SMT H3050 from Time Warner. It's connected and everything, and was working fine before today. It's connected but it looks like it's disconnected, it has no time, it doesn't say anything where the time is supposed to be. It won't run on or anything. I took a peek inside of the cable box and the little green light is on inside of it.

What could be the problem? I'm googling like crazy for any help. This had to happen on the tv where I watch boxing, on a day where i'm going to watch 3 boxing fights.

either go to a cable company to get it checked in case something is wrong or it has a fault, or go to burner

Comment

I disconnected everything and connected it back, twice. And still nothing. That always works.

Comment

I disconnected everything and connected it back, twice. And still nothing. That always works.
          but have you actually reset the box? are you able to??

Comment

**** Time Warner and their affiliates.

Comment

Originally posted by tim horton View Post
              but have you actually reset the box? are you able to??
              Where do you reset it?

Comment

Resetting doesn't seem to work.

Comment

damn. do you own or rent the box? either way you better call your provider.

Comment

Yeah, that's it. I tired everything. I'll just go change it on Monday. Gonna have to watch the fights in my bedroom tv.

Comment

Working...
                    X