No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Wilder Having Tough Time Finding Replacement Foe

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Wilder Having Tough Time Finding Replacement Foe

Unbeaten heavyweight contender Deontay “Bronze Bomber” Wilder is having a tough time securing a new opponent for his Aug. 4 fight in Mobile. He was scheduled to face 6'7 Kelvin Price (13-0), who withdrew with a rib injury. Four fighters have already turned down the fight in the last few days - Rich Power (16-2), Jameel McCline (41-12-3), Fred Allen (14-0-1) and Justin Jones (15-0-1). Wilder's bout will be televised on Fox Sports.

[Click Here To Read More]

Calling zack page...firtha or gavern are also guys he should call. Mccline would have been interesting but his is retiring again after losses to sconiers & szplika. Fred Allen I've heard of but the 15-0-1 guy I have no idea who he is. Rich power got beat by fury & crushed by abdusalamov. I think firtha or gavern would give him a very tough test. Firtha is big & durable. Gavern comes to fight no matter how outgunned he is
    Last edited by joe strong; 07-21-2012, 02:09 PM.

Comment

maurice harris

Comment

He was going after some undefeated opponents, wow.

Why not call Tor Hamer?

Comment

Well, at least we know him and his management were looking for credible opponents. Sucks too, cause Kelvin Price would of been a decent test, he beat Tor Hamer. Mccline would of been a very stern test. Well, at least we know his management are trying to step Wilder up to better competition now.

Comment

Joe Strong, Zack PAge would be PERFECT IMO. He takes fights on short notice and he's a VERY solid journeyman who has beaten undefeated prospects before. IF Wilder could beat Page convincingly, or Gavern or Firtha I wouldn't be sold, but I'd rate him much higher then I do currently.

Comment

Jason Gavern will take the fight -- I like that matchup.

Comment

He's having trouble finding an opponent? Really?
                Just do what you've been doing earlier and wait outside the unemployment center

Comment

Originally posted by hougigo View Post
                  He's having trouble finding an opponent? Really?
                  Just do what you've been doing earlier and wait outside the unemployment center
                  Jason Gavern is willing and able -- he's a step up from the guys Wilder's been fighting.

Make the fight, Wilder!

Comment

Originally posted by Der_Ubermensch View Post
                    Jason Gavern is willing and able -- he's a step up from the guys Wilder's been fighting.

Make the fight, Wilder!
                    Not bad, better than the rest of the crap he's been facing

Comment

Working...
                    X