Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How much of Planet Earth has been explored ?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How much of Planet Earth has been explored ?

Do you think man had walked on every part of planet? I don't think we have. I bet you there are still humans that that have not yet been discovered yet.

There's deep ocean humans that moved to the bottom of the ocean many thousands of years ago, their scientists were so good they made it possible for them to breathe underwater and not be affected by the water pressure. I know this because the man down the road told me.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom.
      No, we've covered it all.

The entire planet has been photographed from satellites and mapped in detail.

There may be a few very inhospitable square metres where people have never walked, for example in Greenland, Antartica and perhaps even on some of the slippery slopes of our extremely damp and snowy coastal mountains here in BC. There are areas of BC, Yukon and Alaska where there is no evidence humans have ever lived.

And of course there are deep-sea places where people have never been.

the NWTs are twice the size of texas and there are only 41 K people who live there...

Comment

Land, yes.

Oceans? Nope. We probably know more about outerspace than deep sea creatures.

But to be fair we have discovered a lot of deep sea creatures and have learned a lot about our oceans, but not 100%.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
          Land, yes.

But to be fair we have discovered a lot of deep sea creatures and have learned a lot about our oceans, but not 100%.
          Can you imagine what lies deep in the oceans. It may hold the clues to our existence.

Comment

the jungles of Brazil not even scratched yet.

Comment

the deep end of the ocean no, because that's where they live...aliens.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                Land, yes.

man has not walked over every part of the planet.

not even close.

Comment

They haven't.... There are parts of the world that are unexplored. Thats how you hear of scientists making a trip to discover new species and indeed do that. I'm not sure about forgotten/undiscovered "humans" or tribes though...

Doesn't even include the sea.

Comment

I recall a few years ago a stat that we'd explored more of Mars than we had earth.

Either that's now not true, or it's essentially because of deep oceans, and them not being present on Mars meaning satellites have explored more.

Comment

Working...
                    X