Collapse
No announcement yet.

Seth Mitchell to face Ruslan Chagaev on Khan undercard

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chagaev career is coming to an end. But, after the Witherspoon test. I think this is the perfect next step for Mitchell. I must say, that I like this fight.

I think Golden Boy is doing a damn good job so far bringing Mitchell along. If this is true.

Comment

Surpised they wanna make this fight. Seth has never fought anyone as good as Chagaev before. Chagaev is obviously not in his prime anymore but is still very skilled, got a great chin, quick hands, can punch and is very experience. Seth won't KO this guy in the first round or anything. I can see Chagaev use his boxing skills and make Seth look silly and tag him with clean punches over and over again. Chagaev will defintely test Seth's stamina and it should be fun to see how Seth handles a skilled boxer.

Comment

Thats exactlly the opponent im waiting for! Better than Michael Grant or Welliver. HBO wont showcase Mitchell if he fights bums.

Comment

Good step up, he isn't being rushed. But he isn't being too laxed either

Originally posted by TheHayeMaker View Post
          Ya it was a joke.

Mitchell have a glass jaw. To be perfectly honest with you? I don't know who Chagaev is, it just felt cool writing

'a battle of glass jaws'

How good is Chagaev

can Chagaev beat Gary Mason?
          You say everyone else focuses on the lower weights, but you don't know who Chagaev is?

What about Ibragimov?

Comment

If this really happens, great figh! The third great heavyweight fight in a short time.

Comment

Originally posted by Capaedia View Post
              You say everyone else focuses on the lower weights, but you don't know who Chagaev is?

What about Ibragimov?
              Don't take him seriously, he's nothing but a stupid troll.

Comment

very good fight for mitchell. Chag is a much tougher opponent than I'd have thought they'd get for him. Its the sort of fight that if Mitchell is actually any good he should win, but if he is nothing but a hype job will defo expose him

Comment

Chagaev is actually quite a big threat for Mitchell, even more if he comes in motivated like he did against Valuev.

Comment

Originally posted by Superflo777 View Post
                    Chagaev is actually quite a big threat for Mitchell, even more if he comes in motivated like he did against Valuev.
                    most dangerous he'll have faced for sure

Comment

this is stepping up for mitchell. he has 2 good wins over C+ fighters witherspoon & ibragimov but now he is stepping up to a B level when fighting chagaev. i didn't think chagaev could get sanction outside germany in europe because of his hep situation. this would be a huge fight for both. chagaev could get his name right back in the mix with a win. mitchell would catapult himself to the top of the title picture with a win too. i have always thought chagaev was overrated & his title defences vs drumond & skelton were a joke. he did have good wins over ruiz, meehan & valuev.

Comment

Working...
                      X