• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The truth behind the Pacquiao-Mayweather debacle: A Rationalization

The truth behind the Pacquiao-Mayweather debacle: A Rationalization
    BY Dennis 'D Source' Guillermo
    January 8, 2012 -
    dSource is on Twitter @dRealSource and Facebook

These days, Top Rank Promotions CEO Bob Arum is taking more shots than Kobe Bryant and college kids in Mexico during spring break for the debacle that is Manny Pacquiao vs. Floyd Mayweather.

Fans are upset. They want someone to lash out on and dump their frustrations. The most vocal of which are the dense, the emotional and gullible types, the hypocrites and the whiners. Some complaining is understandable, but alot seem to have lost their abilities to think clearly.

"It's Arum's fault! I hate him!"

"It's Pacquiao's fault! He should've just taken the tests!"

"It's Mayweather's fault! He's a coward!"

"It's dSource's fault! Because he's writing about Pacquiao and Mayweather and they aren't even fighting! He just wants clicks."

Cry, cry, cry; Whine, whine, whine.

"It's his fault. It's her fault." That's what clueless in-laws usually say during divorces. Guess what? It takes two to tango.

This is my response to some writers and fans who came at me for not putting Arum on blast the way they are, and putting all the blame on the guy for Pacquiao-Mayweather not happening:

I'm NOT defending Arum; I'm just being RATIONAL. Whining isn't going to solve anything. Blame Arum all you want, but listen... LISTEN! Actually.. read.
    I'm just calling it how it is, painting the picture as it is.

We can all whine all we want, but TRUTH IS, until PACQUIAO and MAYWEATHER TRULY MAKE THE STAND TO MAKE THIS FIGHT HAPPEN, they're not any less accountable than ARUM..

ARUM AINT GOD. He can bend things to try and satisfy his will, but his will "hath not be done." Arum is a promoter! His job is to promote and make money. How naive can people really be, after years and years of covering, watching and being part of boxing, to expect the guy to not try and satisfy his own pockets before anything else.

He doesn't care about you. Wake up! That's why crying isn't going to solve anything. He cares about your money though, and whether you are going to send it his way when he sells you a fight. Same goes with Richard Schaeffer and Golden Boy and everybody else.

PEOPLE WHO WASTE THEIR TIME BLAMING EVERYTHIng ON ARUM ARE MISSING OUT ON THE BIG PICTURE.

IF PACQUIAO INSISTS ALL HE WANTS IS TO FIGHT FLOYD, WHAT'S ARUM GOING DO? SAME WITH FLOYD. IF HE INSISTS ALL HE WANTS IS PACQUIAO AND NOTHING ELSE TO SATISFY HIS FANS, NOBODY CAN FORCE HIM TO FIGHT ANYONE ELSE.

PACQUIAO, MAYWEATHER and all the fans that buy their fights ARE ALL TO BLAME.

It's you who allow promoters to bend you over and screw you from behind.

EVERYBODY'S WHINING, AND IM JUST SAYING, LET'S BE REAL HERE.

Whining and crying isn't going do anyhing!

Media people that are blaming Arum like Mayweather's pom-pom boys and Pacquiao's "balato writers" are just as bad, if not worst than Arum for pushing their bias and hypocritical propaganda posing as impartial journalists. At least Arum has a clear label that says "PROMOTER".

Take a stand then!

I wrote that Pacquiao should take a stand and demand Mayweather in May for his fans; it's time he truly gave his fans what they want and take a definitive stand regarding this issue. If Mayweather truly wants to fight him as well, then he should do the same and quit the excuses. Pacquiao can only be Arum's puppet if he allows himself to be. And besides, hasn't he clearly stated that a Mayweather fight won't define him? So why blame it all on Arum that you want Pacquiao to fight Mayweather so badly? As he said, "it's my promoter's job, I'm just doing my job." Pacquiao deserves blame for this fight not happening too. Not saying he's right or wrong; just saying he has as much to do that this fight hasn't happened yet as much as Arum, Schaeffer, Mayweather and the people that buy their fights.

The same applies to Mayweather. If he wants Pacquiao so badly, then why did he fight Marquez, Mosley and Ortiz?

End of the day, they are all about the Benjamins.

I REPEAT! THEY ARE ALL ABOUT THE MONEY.

FLOYD CALLS HIMSELF MONEY RIGHT? It's truly idiotic that Mayweather fans castigate Arum for being greedy, when their own idol glorifies money.

PACQUIAO, ARUM, GBP, ETC. EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM = THEY WANT TO GET PAID.

That's why I'm askin the one who REALLY CARES ABOUT THE FANS TO FINALLY MAKE A STAND. Make that first move. And among all of them, I think it's Pacquiao who truly cares most about his fans, and that's why I appealed to him to finally take a stand for them.

You can cry 'til you die, blame Arum, Schaeffer, WHOEVER.. WHATEVER! I for believe it's going to happen anyway - in time. There's too much money to be made. It's just that there are easier paths they can take and still make money now, than cashing out right away. It's called milking the cow. YOU -THE FANS - ARE THE COW, BECAUSE THEY KNOW YOU WILL BUY THEIR CRAP. When both fighters are ready to hang it up, then they'll finally give you what you want. Like I said, cashing out.

UNLESS, everyone MAKES A STAND to boycott both fighters until they fight each other. IF MAYWEATHER AND PACQUIAO INSIST ON SHUNNING THEIR FANS, THEN INSTEAD OF WHINING, FAN SHOULD STOP BUYING THEIR FIGHTS THEN. PLAIN AND SIMPLE.

Supply and Demand. Business 101.

To whining writers: Don't write about them then until they fight one another! Nobody is forcing you. You're just contributing to the very injustice you are crying about by hyping it up.

To whining fans: Don't watch, don't buy PPV, don't click on articles about them or anything until they fight each other! But as long as you buy their BS cards, they gon give you BS cards. So dont cry after if they do so!

Take a stand, or just stop whining.

ME??? I understand it. I don't like it, but it is what it is. Promoters promote. Lawyers lie. Fighters fight.

And as a writer, I WRITE.

Cry me a river. I didn't make this mess up.

I, however, am a rational human being.

I analyze things with my mind and not my emotions. AND TRUTH IS, I'm not going to lose one second of sleep if Pacquiao-Mayweather don't happen in May. I'm looking forward to Berto-Ortiz 2, Donaire-Narvaez, Andre Ward's next fight, the stacked flyweight division, Sergio Martinez's next fight, Amir Khan to stop crying and getting his rematch with LaMont Peterson, and so many other things, so I'm not tripping at all.

Boxing is bigger than Pacquiao vs Mayweather. SERIOUSLY! Consider that my public service announcement.

Too much to read....

Comment

This guy might be the worst writer in Boxing. All caps to make a point? Ok.

Comment

Comment

If you think Arum aint to blame I honestly dont know what to tell ya

Comment

Boxing has so many hack "journalists" its not even funny. I read better, more articulate paragraphs on NSB, as sad as that is.

Comment

Got half way through and stopped reading. Terrible writer

Comment

Dsourse had no problem talking **** about may hes a little prick who should stick to stalking nonito donaire with his camra

Comment

This clown makes some nab posters seem smart the guys a ****** fat little **** sucker Is all he is who's he calling everyone idiotic except himself guys a joke

Comment

I agree with with the general point of the "Article". If you can call it a article.

Comment

Working...
                    X