Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who will Canelo Alvarez fight on May 4th?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
    I voted someone else. It should be Trout and I think that's the fight Canelo wants. I think Oscar will talk him out of it because Trout is such a high risk low reward fight. I don't think Angula was impressive enough in his last fight to get the fight. I don't know who he will end up fighting. The three guys he wanted to fight, Matinez, Cotto, and Mayweather are all off the table I think. I hope it is Trout but Oscar and Schaefer don't seem interested in Trout and I think Canelo gives them the final say in who he fights.
    Well judging by ginger's opposition, I'm interested to know why you believe he wants Trout or Martinez. I know he'll fight Floyd. He'll just be outboxed there & live to laugh about it. Martinez ends his meager career & Trout sets him back a year or 2 & bring him back to reality.

Comment

I know for a very close source that they are trying to negotiate with cotto promotions.

Comment

So its not cotto?

Comment

Cotto. I still think it's a damn good fight, both guys have a symettry about them. If Miguel loses it's a changing of the guard and Canelo is enhanced by the experience of beating a tough vet, the atmosphere of fighting on a world stage.
          Cotto's earned his stripes, we all know that. If he goes out there and proves his critics wrong it lines him up for another shot at Pacquiao(I think 150 is fair), Trout 2, or even Martinez. I firmly believe 147 is his true stomping grounds... as a junior middleweight he gives up too much speed and power. He can hold it down against certain champs but he's really shooting himself in the foot contending with the other giants that roam that division. If nothing else, Trouts dimensions/proportions made the fight an uphill battle for Cotto.

Comment

Working...
          X