No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Monte Barrett Talks Tua Win, Eyes a Povetkin Shot

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Monte Barrett Talks Tua Win, Eyes a Povetkin Shot

Monte Barrett (35-9-2) talks to BoxingScene.com about his recent win over David Tua in this exclusive interview. Last year in July, Barrett and Tua battled to a controversial draw in Atlantic City, NJ. Many observers felt that Barrett did enough to win the fight. The two fighters squared off again on August 13th in Tua's backyard of New Zealand and this time Barrett prevailed on the judge's scorecards. Barrett, who is eyeing a possible showdown with new WBA "regular champion" Alexander Povetkin, talks about the win, a possible wrestling career and more. [Click Here To Read More]

"I would beat Tua 5 out of 5."

Come on, Monte, he broke your jaw and almost KO'd you!

Let's have Tua-Barrett 3 in boxing, not wrestlng --the first two fights were highly entertaining.
    Last edited by Grinderman; 08-30-2011, 05:23 AM.

Comment

Barrett vs Povetkin? Holy ****

Comment

Originally posted by Pirao View Post
        Barrett vs Povetkin? Holy ****
        I'd say the in-shape and focused Monte that fought Tua has a better shot than Evander or Rahman at this point in time.

Povetkin is kind of a joke already.

Comment

Originally posted by Grinderman View Post
          I'd say the in-shape and focused Monte that fought Tua has a better shot than Evander or Rahman at this point in time.

Povetkin is kind of a joke already.
          Yeah, but all three have no shot so it's a moot point really. If he's going to duck Wlad, Povetkin should at least be looking at fighting some real contenders like Chambers, Arreola or Dimitrenko, not 40+ yeard old Rahman, Barrett and Holyfield, all of which are completely shot and irrelevant at this point.

Comment

He said some real stuff at the end of the interview. But c'mon Barrett, I thought you were going to retire man.

Comment

Barrett should fight one of the other Sauerland heavyweights: Helenius, Gerber, or Pulev. I hear Sauerland pays well.

Comment

**** me this d is desperate......

Comment

sounds like a dreary ESPN fight, that's about it -- the way Povetkin is being handled and brought along is a mystery to me -- we still don't know if he is for real or not -- why is he being so overprotected? -- I mean, it's true that the HW division is a joke these days and there really seems to be no decent guys out there who are in their prime but there have to be better guys than retreads like Barrett for Povetkin to get in there with, since it doesn't appear that his people will let him fight a K bro...

Comment

holyfield to me seems like the guy they are trying to push but from what i posted a few days ago the WBA says sasha has 90 days to sign to fight rahman,who is the appointed mandatory.rahman will have to be paid handsomely to step & thats exactly what could happen. monte barrett is okay but if you are going to have someone who is deserving of a title shot by performance is helenius. i'd take oliver mccall over any other guy but helenius if we are going by "performance"like barrett said.i'd say with wins over maddalone,oquendo & timur ibragimov that mormeck could be added as a canidate based on performance.
                    Last edited by joe strong; 08-30-2011, 09:20 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X