No announcement yet.

cutting in amateurs

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cutting in amateurs

for those that fight.. do you cut weight? and if so how much do you, or would you?

i'll get down to 147-148 dieting and working out, then cut the rest in water weight. i'll fight at 152 for for local shows, but for tournaments i get down to 141.

everyone's body is different. i cut 10 pounds before 1 fight and i felt and fought fine.

Comment

i'll be naturally at 168, and before a fight i'll start eating right and training harder and ill get 160 but very healthy. i still could cut bout 5 more if i had to

Comment

I try not to cut weight. That ***** drains me. i'd rather slowly lose weight while i get in shape. 148lbs. That's the lowest i've ever weighed. I'm in good fight shape. Physically fit, not mentally though. I gotta cut mental weight.

Comment

i intend to eat right and exercise my way to 72 kgs then lose then sweat out the last 3 kilos to fight at welter. shouldnt be a problem. ill do trials obviously.

Comment

Originally posted by cusd'amatokid View Post
            i'll be naturally at 168, and before a fight i'll start eating right and training harder and ill get 160 but very healthy. i still could cut bout 5 more if i had to
            There's no 160 division in amateur boxing smart guy. Now make us believe you actually fight....

Most of my guys cut weight. My most experienced guy walks around 6-8 lbs above his weight. He cuts water weight pretty easily, he'll lose 6 lbs in an hour of light training in a sweat suit, and rehydrate with no problems. Some kids have a much harder time though...
            Last edited by PunchDrunk; 02-20-2009, 04:30 AM.

Comment

160 to 141

Comment

i last fought at 46 kg (101 lbs) but weighed in at 45 kg and really could have fought at 44 kg, but i had a good fight set up at 46 kgs division so meh, i was kinda dieting then, i ate well most of the time, but ate junk and that about 1-2 times per week...and nah i didnt really cut weight, just didnt eat before i weighed in

that was in november, ive grown slightly taller and filled out a bit since then, i had a break and weighed 51 or 52, then got back into training about 6 weeks ago and im now pretty fit and lean again at 49-50 kgs, so i grew a bit..im eating well 6 days a week, and then eating whatever i want on one day...ill make the 48 kg division pretty easily, just wont eat before i weigh in, maybe a little sweating if i have too

i could maybe make 46 again if i dieted strictly (like not have my one day a week where i eat treats) and sweated a bit...but i dont really see the point, its not like ill have some massive advantage, and ive got a six pack and am lean at 48....

so no i dont cut weight lol i guess thats the point

Comment

Originally posted by mgkirkpatrick View Post
                  i intend to eat right and exercise my way to 72 kgs then lose then sweat out the last 3 kilos to fight at welter. shouldnt be a problem. ill do trials obviously.
                  as long as its a next day fight or tournament you can get away with it, make weight then pedialyte or gatorade

Comment

Originally posted by PunchDrunk View Post
                    There's no 160 division in amateur boxing smart guy. Now make us believe you actually fight....

Most of my guys cut weight. My most experienced guy walks around 6-8 lbs above his weight. He cuts water weight pretty easily, he'll lose 6 lbs in an hour of light training in a sweat suit, and rehydrate with no problems. Some kids have a much harder time though...
                    listen *******, i never said there was a 160 division , i fight at 160 in the 165 division. thats where im healthiest. and i do fight, i just won eastern ny sub novice golden gloves and will be fighting at the state finals in april. So stop trying to make smart remarcks

Comment

Working...
                    X