No announcement yet.

Does Mayweather carry some fighters

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does Mayweather carry some fighters

Re watching Mayweather vs Mosley and Mayweather vs Cotto it just strikes me that Mayweather could of blew them out in the final two rounds had he wanted to, Mosley was gassed and any sustained attack would have forced a TKO! bearing in mind that after Mosley rocked him, Floyd was throwing with venom, he just eased up later on, against Cotto those uppercuts were visibly rocking him. Also against Marquez I feel he could have stopped him. Do you guys think that he carried them a bit out of respect, or he simply did not want to take any unnecessary risk?

Floyd used to be one of the nastier finishers I've seen in recent memory. You were in serious trouble if that kid had you where he wanted you. Nowadays he's just doesn't have that killer instinct unless seriously provoked. (Ortiz)

I don't think he carries guys out of respect, I think he just doesn't feel like putting in more of an effort when he's already got his guy beat on the cards.

Comment

Cotto was only in trouble for the last 40 seconds of the fight where he was wobbled. Even if Floyd knocked him down, chances are Cotto would have gotten up and survived.

Mosley could have been put away in the 10th if I remember correctly.

I also concur with Bringer.

Comment

Originally posted by toshmurph View Post
        Re watching Mayweather vs Mosley and Mayweather vs Cotto it just strikes me that Mayweather could of blew them out in the final two rounds had he wanted to, Mosley was gassed and any sustained attack would have forced a TKO! bearing in mind that after Mosley rocked him, Floyd was throwing with venom, he just eased up later on, against Cotto those uppercuts were visibly rocking him. Also against Marquez I feel he could have stopped him. Do you guys think that he carried them a bit out of respect, or he simply did not want to take any unnecessary risk?
        I do think he carried Marquez and a bit of Cotto, if it was 1 more round maybe a TKO, mosley no, he looked ok

Comment

The only fight I thought he 'carried' someone was Baldomir.

Comment

Mayweather is old as ****. Hes not the same finisher. His style has obviously changed.

Since moving up to 147 the only fighter I feel he carried was Marquez.

Comment

I don't think he wanted to take the risk against Cotto. He definitely could have gone after him in the 12th after that uppercut but it just wasn't his instinct to do so. He was in control the way things were and that's as much as he wants.

It's nuts to see how their (Cotto and Floyd's) energy levels just went in different directions after the 8th in that fight. Cotto completely ran out of steam in the 9th and 10th, Floyd just got stronger. That was a pretty energy sapping fight too, there was a lot of wrestling involved in Floyd being pushed onto those ropes for 7 or 8 rounds.

Comment

Originally posted by junior gong View Post
                The only fight I thought he 'carried' someone was Baldomir.
                You gotta be kidding me...

Comment

Originally posted by Dominicano Soy View Post
                  You gotta be kidding me...
                  ........why?

Comment

Originally posted by junior gong View Post
                    ........why?
                    Well for starters Baldomir had an A+ chin, Floyd hit Baldomir with some very hard shots as well, never got much of a reaction.

Comment

Working...
                    X