Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How did you feel your first time walking into a gym?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Really, Really nervous. I had never did any kind of fighting sport before and I didn't know what to expect but It's all cool now.

Comment

Excited as ***** as i was youngg and dumb and went in with a load of mates. Day 1 didnt really mix much but i beat the ***** out of my pals with the big gloves on, day 2 the threw me in with the gym golden boy who was quite a few years older, i actully buzzed him a bit then he hit me with a body shot that i can still remeber so clearly - that ***** HURT! I managed to stay up but i woulda been better goin down as he let rip to the head with everything till the round ended.

I think they saw potential in me but also just wanted to take me down a peg or two! They respected the heart and toughness i showed tho and i respected that fact that i wasnt as badass as i thought and there was alot of skill and defence involved in this boxing lark!

Like Terry says once uve been in there and done it u develop a great respect for all the other guys who do it, kind of a brotherhood

Comment

Hmm wow well the 1st time i walked in a gym was about 1 yr ago, when i was 15, and i was a little nervous but realllllyy exited :P now im working on getting the money to sign up

Comment

I was pretty nervous at first because I was very inexperienced, but the coach got one of his more experienced fighters to teach me all the basics one on one for the entire session. Having someone my age helping me out was very unintimidating and got me well adjusted to the training. The next day I walked into the class worry free and did the normal training with everyone else

Comment

I had previously been in Tae Kwon Do for over a year so I was used to the training scene. It was very lax and not nearly as intimidating as TKD. Everyone was on a much more equal level and only a select few took training seriously so it was really no sweat. I am always very excited for my next day of training and I love every second of it.

Comment

The first time I walked into a gym was about a month ago. I wasn't nervous at all, just really excited. There happened to be a whole lot of newbies that day and they arranged a sort of basics class, so I could keep up well. Afterwards both trainers told me they thought I was very brave, walking in there all alone, being a girl and all. But hey, I wanted to box, so I walked in and boxed!

Comment

I have a similar story to Vargas. I was only 11 when I walked into a gym and did so because I was getting into a lot of trouble as a kid.

I had a bad attitude and thought I could beat anyone up. I sparred for the first time and got my ass handed to me and was amazed that this kid could beat me. That's when I realized that boxing is a skill and I wanted to learn it and get good at it.

I never really got nervous, I did get nervous at times before matches but it went away as soon as I got close to the ring.

Comment

once you get working your fine, it soon becomes natural

Comment

Very nervous. First gym i went to the coaches were complete pri cks which didn't help, although i did meet some good lads there. The gym i'm at now is much better. The coach is really taking an interest and everyone in there is very friendly. First fight in October, can't wait!

Comment

I was pretty nervous I have to say. I was around 17 so started late. I remember when I walked in there was a very humid and sweaty atmosphere. Loads of people sparing pretty heavy and there looked to be some very tough fighters in the gym. After I spoke to the coach they were very nice and I really enjoyed my time training there until I injured myself.

Comment

Working...
                      X