Amir KHAN on Roach: "My Opponents Knew Exactly What I Would Do..."

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gino Ros View Post
    I have to agree.

When I was watching Khan-Garcia, I tweeted in the second round that if Garcia could shorten his hook, he would catch Khan. As it happen, Danny didn't really need to shorten the hook. Khan just got lazy and comfortable/confident. Two rounds later, BOOM.

It was evident that Garcia knew what openings would be there.
    Gino, please watch this...

This is why I liked Garcia's chances.

Comment

Originally posted by Dominicano Soy View Post
      Gino, please watch this...

This is why I liked Garcia's chances.
      Coño... I had never seen that. Thanks!

Yep.. they knew what they were going to do.

Comment

Garcia called it. He went in there, was getting outboxed but still landed some shots and then just annihilated Khan. Dude's a god...

Comment

I agree with him

Comment

I don't know if I would put that down to Roach, Khan made the same mistakes against Peterson and failed to realize why that was a close fight. He needed to say "Coach we need to change some stuff up maybe add some elements do you have any ideas?" if he didn't say that or anything similar that is the fault of Khan.

That said Roach is a simple trainer, hell just watch Roach as a fighter it is not like he was some great tactician in the ring. There is something to be said for the KISS method in that ring but if one goes that route the guys needs to not make crucial mistakes which Khan has made for a long time.

I liked Khan as a fighter for a while because I figured he would have some growth or at the very least cover some flaws, I guess Roach can shoulder some blame but really was Khan going to really listen to any trainer and take what they had to say to heart.

Comment

Originally posted by -Huey- View Post
              Garcia called it. He went in there, was getting outboxed but still landed some shots and then just annihilated Khan. Dude's a god...
              Listen to what the British announcer says at 9:00

Comment

Originally posted by Gino Ros View Post
                Listen to what the British announcer says at 9:00

Which is why I hate commentating.
                All Khan jizz, no mention of Garcia when he does good.
                I can see Danny landing those hooks clear as day, but they decide to praise Khan for coming in fast and throwing

Comment

Khan needs to avoid big punchers for the rest of his career period. He managed to hold of Maidana after getting rocked in the 10th and that has caused all this delusion of grandeur about his punch resistance.

He stated that Freddie did not pay much attention to defensive work at the wild card but he did advise you to avoid trading with big punchers.

Amir Khan needs to take responsibility of his own actions and quit trying to blame Freddie Roach and his parkinsons disease for your own downfall.

Comment

dont think that's really roach's fault

it seems, for all these "gameplans" these trainers come out for each fighter, when i see these fighters they fight the same way everytime out, thus the "styles make fights" saying

and how im able to predict to accurately

Comment

Originally posted by LFC View Post
                      Khan needs to avoid big punchers for the rest of his career period. He managed to hold of Maidana after getting rocked in the 10th and that has caused all this delusion of grandeur about his punch resistance.

He stated that Freddie did not pay much attention to defensive work at the wild card but he did advise you to avoid trading with big punchers.

Amir Khan needs to take responsibility of his own actions and quit trying to blame Freddie Roach and his parkinsons disease for your own downfall.
                      Khan is so immature and can't take responsibility for anything.
                      I bet anything if he loses under Hunter and leaves, he'll blame Hunter

Comment

Working...
                      X