Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

For Spanish speakers have you gouys noticed also how bad this HBO interpreter is?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by -Hyperion- View Post
    lmao the showtime guy is prican and hes the worst.....

Olaya(HBO's) is actually pretty good....i think he just thought it was classless of Lara to say that and didnt want to repeat it.....

yeah, olaya is decent, thank god that ray torres in not there anymore...

Comment

Dude is horrible. Real talk.

Comment

He needs to get fired he is a horrible translator. I sometimes think some translators get nervous and their brains can't react fast enough, but as I sit at home I go through it and translate it myself and I do a much better job and faster also. (IMO of course).

Comment

Yes, he's terrible. He hears what the boxer has to say, discards half of it, and then comes back with a dozen cliches. The guy in Showtime tonight was much better.

Comment

yeah Lara basically Called Vanes a B1TCH

that dude just turned it into what ever he wanted to turn it into

Comment

Originally posted by controlmachete View Post
              yeah, olaya is decent, thank god that ray torres in not there anymore...
              yep...

Can't take some of the guys hating here seriously to be honest...

thread strater says Felix De Jesus(showtime's guy...who is puerto rican) is good, when he is in fact the worst there is....

then some guy says pendejo means jackass....not taking into account that not all spanish speaking countries have the same meaning for every word....

A guy compares immediate translation with delayed translation...(Olaya translates immediately to spanish...(because the audience doesnt have to hear him...) then he does spanish to english delayed translation for the microphone(becuase max lets the fighter speak first, then gives it to Olaya)...which involves a totally different approach.

Obviously Olaya doesnt get it 100% accurate(and some fighters are barely coherent sometimes...making the translation very awkward), but I have yet to see a better english to spanish translator working in boxing.....

Comment

He's terrible. The best translator is the Mexican dude top rank uses for their cards. He understands the different country's slang terms and translates accurately curse words and all.

Comment

And in this case...from the look in Olaya's face, i think he thought it was classless by Lara...unprofessional, but ive seen worse **** form the fat guy that Top Rank used to use, that cuban guy that translated for Casamayor(who actually added insults) and Ray Torres(whose incompetence almost got Merchant punched in the face by Chavez.)

Comment

Originally posted by -Hyperion- View Post
                    And in this case...from the look in Olaya's face, i think he thought it was classless by Lara...unprofessional, but ive seen worse **** form the fat guy that Top Rank used to use, that cuban guy that translated for Casamayor(who actually added insults) and Ray Torres(whose incompetence almost got Merchant punched in the face by Chavez.)
                    hahaha i remember that, he was fuking pissed and merchant had an expression of worry and constipation, lol

Comment

Yeah I absolutely loathe the translator from HBO. It makes my head turn how he just disregards 80% of what the fighter says and just gives like the watered down version. I can't stand him, I wish he was gone.

Comment

Working...
                      X