Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are you afraid of death?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

couldn't be more scared to be truthful,the life we live now you should cherish because their is no afterlife,you only get one shot at this so you better do it right is a saying ive heard many times i hope their is but i have serious doubts

Comment

I don't see the point of being scared of something you can't change.

I used to be terrified when I was a kid. I would cry every night about the endless void I would inevitably have to face. But my acceptance of it gave me immeasurable power.

I believe in God but I could be wrong. Either way there's no point in worrying about something you can't change. It's literally useless because it's going to happen no matter what you do.
      Last edited by DARKSEID; 02-03-2013, 05:16 PM.

Comment

Death could be like waking from a dream. You die and wake up free from your physical body.

Comment

I don't think about. I just try and have fun everyday.

Comment

It's hard to understand what reality actually is.

I have this entire life behind me but all I can see is the present. It's hard to grasp what I'm actually looking at and feeling. Yesterday came and went and tomorrow will inevitably be yesterday. I'm not who I was 10 years ago and I might change again.

This uncertainty gives me comfort because there's no way of telling what will happen next. I can't be sure of anything right now so how can I be sure of what happens after death.

I never thought I would drive a car but it happened. I never thought I would ever have sex with a girl but it happened. I never thought I could get as high as I have with certain drugs but it happened. Who knows what impossible things could happen.

Comment

its quite unsettling indeed... death...

but so is eternal consciousness... life without death is equally unsettling... (to me at least...)

Comment

I fainted for 30 minutes once after doing a run with no food in my body. I only hit 8 miles but woke up with heat stroke, dehydration and hardly sugar in my blood system. It was careless of me to not eat but I also suffered from diarrhoea.

I have no memory of it. I recall it being grey at 5 miles and I didn't want to give up even though my body felt like it every second. That got me thinking, once you die, what happens? You may pass out or die one day and that could be it, you won't have a clue.

When I die, I'd like to leave a good amount of money for my family and children/wife.

Comment

Originally posted by Strictly_UG View Post
                  It's hard to understand what reality actually is.

I have this entire life behind me but all I can see is the present. It's hard to grasp what I'm actually looking at and feeling. Yesterday came and went and tomorrow will inevitably be yesterday. I'm not who I was 10 years ago and I might change again.

This uncertainty gives me comfort because there's no way of telling what will happen next. I can't be sure of anything right now so how can I be sure of what happens after death.

I never thought I would drive a car but it happened. I never thought I would ever have sex with a girl but it happened. I never thought I could get as high as I have with certain drugs but it happened. Who knows what impossible things could happen.
                  You have some really low expectations

Comment

Originally posted by talip bin osman View Post
                    its quite unsettling indeed... death...

but so is eternal consciousness... life without death is equally unsettling... (to me at least...)
                    When I think of heaven, I see it as a state of mind.

Like those moments of peace you have on a hot summer afternoon with your friends or being with a beautiful girl.

Those moments that feel like forever and that you wish really were. If there's a heaven that's what I think it's like.

Comment

Originally posted by Derranged View Post
                      My fear about death is what happens afterward. I think everything just goes black. That's it. No thoughts, no visions, nothing. Infinite nothingness.

I don't care what anyone says, that's a bit unsettling.
                      I used to think that.

Comment

Working...
                      X