Collapse
No announcement yet.

Roach's Legacy Lies Within Floyd Mayweather

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To be honest, whenever one of Roach's fighters has come across a good fighter, they've either lost or won a split decision; that isn't impressive really.

Examples.

And I'm a big Hopkins fan, but - Calzaghe > Hopkins

Floyd Mayweather Jr > Oscar De La Hoya

Marquez's close bouts with Pacquaio.

Morales > Pacquiao in the 1st bout. If Roach was a great trainer, he wouldn't have needed a 2nd fight to get the job done.

The only props I can give him are for putting a good game plan together to beat Barerra; and before anyone says, what about Khan's win over Maidana, well it was Ariza's conditioning that got Amir through that.
    Last edited by Dedication; 08-19-2011, 11:27 AM.

Comment

Roach has been an integral part of Pacquaio's success, and he is doing pretty well with Khan as well. I don't see the point in diminishing him as a trainer, whether you see it or not, he didn't get where he is on accident.

Comment

Originally posted by texasboi15 View Post
        One of the more intriguing subplots of the whole Mayweather/Pacquiao saga is that of Freddie Roach.

Armed with arguably the highest boxing IQ in the game, the genius Roach is p4p probably the best trainer in the world and perhaps of our era.

But make no mistake about it, when history looks back on our time, the legacy of Roach will be judged by that of Floyd Mayweather Jr.

In his quest to dethrone Mayweather, the Parkinson's inflicted trainer seems to be in a race against time to put a brilliant cap atop a phenominal career.

The analogy of Lex Luthor vs Superman seems obvious in that the feeble, disease stricken Roach must use his mind and wit to combat the seemingly indestructible Mayweather.

You couldn't have written a better script.

In fact, Roach's rivalry with Floyd (and time) almost supersedes that of Mayweather vs Pacquiao because if Floyd defeats Pac, Manny goes away but the Roach-Mayweather rivalry will endure in being that another Roach fighter, Amir Khan will be next up.

The plot thickens...
        highest IQ? i think not. he just has a 6th sense when comes to picking shop worn and shot fighters

this was nicely written but i disagree, overall
        Last edited by Pacquiao'd; 08-19-2011, 12:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SekondzOut View Post
          I dont get it...what do you dudes see in Roach?!?....boxing's version of Phil Jackson....**** I can be a great trainer/coach as well talkin the talk if had one of the greatest or a few of the greatest to walk the walk....and please dont say he made Manny...he just picked the right fights...be real!!
          this.......................

Comment

no it doesn't
            he's done notable work with Pac, Toney, and now Khan
            he doesn't need a win over Floyd to prove anything

Comment

Working...
            X