Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hearn: Froch's Obligation is To Bute, Not Stevenson!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Hearn: Froch's Obligation is To Bute, Not Stevenson!

The ring return of Lucian Bute this weekend was originally designed as a lead-in to a tentatively scheduled March ’13 rematch with his lone conqueror Carl Froch.

Plans remain in place for their sequel to happen. One of the lingering questions, however, is what exactly will be at stake.

Bute (30-1, 24KO) faces Denis Grachev on Saturday evening at the Bell Centre in Montreal, Canada. The bout will be his first since his one-sided knockout loss to Froch in May, which ended his 2 ½ year reign as super middleweight titlist. Their showdown earlier this year took place in Froch’s hometown of Nottingham (UK) as part of a two-fight deal, with the sequel to take place in Canada.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Bute will beat Froch in the rematch.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post

Comment

Surely Bute's rematch clause is dependent on it being for the title.

Comment

Because the first fight was so close.

Comment

hahahaha...no he wont. he will get destroyed even quicker. someone takes u apart that savagely...you are always gonna have the fear and bute has nothing that can hurt Froch.
            3 round beatdown to Froch

Comment

I wouldn't mock Freedom's opinion, might be in for a nasty surprise.

Comment

Stevenson should be an easy KO for Froch, he should take the tune-up bout to remain active and for the payday. Froch has little to lose because Bute will still be there after being fed an easy victory.

Comment

Originally posted by D-MiZe View Post
                  I wouldn't mock Freedom's opinion, might be in for a nasty surprise.
                  I'll mock his opinion all I want because it stems from bias not boxing knowledge.

Bute didn't show anything at all in the 5 rounds of domination to suggest he could win a rematch and he hasn't fought yet since so it's impossible to gauge if the fight has taken anything out of him or if he has made any improvements.

Comment

Originally posted by -Lowkey- View Post
                    I'll mock his opinion all I want because it stems from bias not boxing knowledge.

Bute didn't show anything at all in the 5 rounds of domination to suggest he could win a rematch and he hasn't fought yet since so it's impossible to gauge if the fight has taken anything out of him or if he has made any improvements.
                    Go re-watch the fight.

Comment

Working...
                    X