Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Top Rank Still Plan To Move Forward With Plan For Melindo

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Top Rank Still Plan To Move Forward With Plan For Melindo

Top Rank promoter Bob Arum said Saturday that he had "a great meeting" with ALA Promotions president Michael Aldeguer during his last visit to Manila and there are plans to include some of the ALA fighters on the Top Rank cards in the future.

[Click Here To Read More]

Denver 'The Excitement' Cuello is the most exciting Filipino fighter today

Comment

Cuello and Melindo. They are both World Championship ready. Cuello has brutal power while Melindo is very technical sound. Both fighters posses great heart and mentally strong. They wont wilt under pressure. They both thrive for challange and that makes them very dangerous. Can't wait to see these two in the main stream.

Comment

Melindo is the obvious one to have the title shot. He is ranked #4 behind the 3 world champions. He got great technical skills but lacks power. He can win enough with that though.

Comment

Originally posted by pinoypunch View Post
          Cuello and Melindo. They are both World Championship ready. Cuello has brutal power while Melindo is very technical sound. Both fighters posses great heart and mentally strong. They wont wilt under pressure. They both thrive for challange and that makes them very dangerous. Can't wait to see these two in the main stream.
          They are both great fighters but too bad they fight at minimumweight and flyweight. I read somewhere that to be big in the Philippines you have to fight above bantamweight. To be big in the US you have to be a welterw. Villanueva and Gesta are the only Pinoy prospects I can think of that fight above featherweight and up.

Comment

melindo is the most promising right now...he is rated by all santioning bodies and highly rated by the ring...

cuello has been waitifn for his title fight for god knows how long....

Comment

Originally posted by komandante View Post
              Denver 'The Excitement' Cuello is the most exciting Filipino fighter today
              I agree...can't speak of Melindo as I have not seen him...let's hope these guys stay busy...

Comment

Working...
              X