Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Irish Members: Are you voting for the Lisbon Treaty?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Irish Members: Are you voting for the Lisbon Treaty?

If we vote Yes....

1. The Lisbon Treaty will create a European "President", as well as a European "Foreign Minister". They won't be elected by me (or anybody else), and I'll have no say in what they do... but they will claim to speak in my name.

2. The Lisbon Treaty will give the larger states, like Germany, even more power to impose their will on the smaller states, like Ireland.

3. The Lisbon Treaty will give Ireland no input (at all) in decision making for 5 out of every 15 years.

4. The Lisbon Treaty will allow the E.U. to interfere in Irish tax affairs and other important economic interests. It will help them to eliminate Ireland's low corporate tax rate, the only real competitive advantage we have left. (This is something the larger states have been trying to do for years.)

5. The Lisbon Treaty will hand over power in more than 60 areas to the EU, including immigration and culture.

6. The Lisbon Treaty will give the EU exclusive competence over 'Foreign Direct Investment' in Ireland. We'll have to go to the E.U. and ask permission to do the same things we've always done to attract jobs into Ireland.

7. The Lisbon Treaty will enshrine EU law as superior to Irish law. Nothing in the Irish Constitution will be able to challenge EU law, making it worth less than the paper its written on.

8. The Lisbon Treaty can be changed in the future without another referendum.

What do you think??
    All opinons welcome......
    Yes to Lisbon
    0.00%
    No to Lisbon
    100.00%

Voting for this monstrosity will strip away all sovereignty and transfer it to a supranational body.

Europeans better reject it or they will lose everything politically.

Comment

Wait I don't quite understand, so Europe is trying to make a stronger continental central power?

Comment

Say no to that ****.

Comment

There brainwashing people,
          trying to make Europe one government,
          in alot of the debates "One World Government,"
          is being mentioned alot........
          I dont like it we could lose are neutrality and we too small for wars and ****!

Especially everything this country has been through to win indepedance from the british, to setting up our own government, now we wanna give all the power to other people???
          **** that ****,
          our Ancestors would turn in there graves,
          Recession or no Recession,
          Im Irish not ****in European

Comment

Originally posted by Pretty Boy32 View Post

Especially everything this country has been through to win indepedance from the british, to setting up our own government, now we wanna give all the power to other people???
            **** that ****,
            For once we are in complete agreement.

Comment

Originally posted by Pretty Boy32 View Post

**** that ****,
              Sounds like some stinky **** to me.

Comment

can i vote??!?!

Comment

Originally posted by Commander Cool View Post
                  For once we are in complete agreement.
                  Well i speak the truth son

Comment