No announcement yet.

Is Adrian Broner to big for boxing?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Adrian Broner to big for boxing?

Sportsmanship (or sometimes sportspersonship) is an aspiration or ethos that a sport or activity will be enjoyed for its with proper consideration for fairness, ethics, respect, and a sense of fellowship with one's competitors.

Let make it clear I'm a fan of boxing threw and threw and to me Sportsmanship is paramount. Broner is the far superior, in every aspect compared to Escabado, no doubt. and in boxing where weight is an issue where is one guy has stripped himself down to weigh in at a legit weight for the fight and another guy doesn't, it goes from fan friendly late stoppage to a beat down one way shoot out.

IMO every boxing match counts because every match poses a test, and I think 3 lbs proved 2 things to me.

Adrian Broner lacks sportsmanship, for all his gifts at the age of 22, is bigger than boxing. smh.

And the second is that what he could have learned something going longer rounds with a dude who could have given him slight troubles will come back to haunt him. Everyone knows, every match is a test and gives one things to work on for the next challenge. I notice that Broner walks in straight lines and is very susceptible to the jab straight right hand to the body, the very same problem he had with Lucas Martin Matthysse. He might have learned something fighting a poor man's Matthysse. He's paid to be "SPECTACULAR" can he do the same in a close fight? Who knows? Broner will be around for while, will that be an undefeated career, we'll find out.

Thought? Am I full of ****?

Originally posted by Dudley View Post
    Sportsmanship (or sometimes sportspersonship) is an aspiration or ethos that a sport or activity will be enjoyed for its with proper consideration for fairness, ethics, respect, and a sense of fellowship with one's competitors.

Let make it clear I'm a fan of boxing threw and threw and to me Sportsmanship is paramount. Broner is the far superior, in every aspect compared to Escabado, no doubt. and in boxing where weight is an issue where is one guy has stripped himself down to weigh in at a legit weight for the fight and another guy doesn't, it goes from fan friendly late stoppage to a beat down one way shoot out.

IMO every boxing match counts because every match poses a test, and I think 3 lbs proved 2 things to me.

Adrian Broner lacks sportsmanship, for all his gifts at the age of 22, is bigger than boxing. smh.

And the second is that what he could have learned something going longer rounds with a dude who could have given him slight troubles will come back to haunt him. Everyone knows, every match is a test and gives one things to work on for the next challenge. I notice that Broner walks in straight lines and is very susceptible to the jab straight right hand to the body, the very same problem he had with Lucas Martin Matthysse. He might have learned something fighting a poor man's Matthysse. He's paid to be "SPECTACULAR" can he do the same in a close fight? Who knows? Broner will be around for while, will that be an undefeated career, we'll find out.

I don't understand what you mean by Broner is bigger than boxing. I also don't know about any problems he had with Mattsysse because they never fought.If he did fight Mattsysse I think he would lose. Broner is an arrogant boxer and he already thinks he is the best fighter in the world so he may not try that hard to improve. He did not take his profession seriously enough to even come close to making weight. I thought he did the right thing to win his fight last night as quickly as possible. The time to learn is in training by sparring and watching films and listening to a good teacher. In an actual fight he should try to win the best and fastest way that he is able to. He could remain undefeated if he is careful who he fights. If he fights the very best fighters in the weight class he fights in I think he will lose but it would take a very good fighter to beat him. I think Garcia, Mattsysse, and Gamboa would all have an excellent chance to beat him but I doubt he fights them any time soon. He is being matched carefully in spite of all his big talk. Maybe he could beat any fighter his weight but he has not convinced me of that.

Comment

His dad is.

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
        I don't understand what you mean by Broner is bigger than boxing. I also don't know about any problems he had with Mattsysse because they never fought.If he did fight Mattsysse I think he would lose. Broner is an arrogant boxer and he already thinks he is the best fighter in the world so he may not try that hard to improve. He did not take his profession seriously enough to even come close to making weight. I thought he did the right thing to win his fight last night as quickly as possible. The time to learn is in training by sparring and watching films and listening to a good teacher. In an actual fight he should try to win the best and fastest way that he is able to. He could remain undefeated if he is careful who he fights. If he fights the very best fighters in the weight class he fights in I think he will lose but it would take a very good fighter to beat him. I think Garcia, Mattsysse, and Gamboa would all have an excellent chance to beat him but I doubt he fights them any time soon. He is being matched carefully in spite of all his big talk. Maybe he could beat any fighter his weight but he has not convinced me of that.
        Sorry I meant Daniel Ponce De Leon.
        Last edited by Dudley; 07-22-2012, 11:03 AM.

Comment

Any southpaw with a solid jab and good bodywork would trouble Broner. Rios would probably break Broner down because all he does is walk in and measure you out with the reaching fake jab and throw hooks and straight rights.

Rios would pin him against the ropes and tee of on him, he doesn't have any lateral movement at all.

Comment

Personally I wasn't impressed at all with Broner last night as far as inside the ring. I think he is so fascinated with looking like Mayweather that it takes away from his offense. He could have stopped Escobedo before the fifth round if he came out throwing more.

I don't think Broner realizes that at lightweight (his current weight) Mayweather threw combinations better than anyone has ever seen. It wasn't until he moved up in weight a bit where he started fighting from behind his defense. To me Broner's antics are premature because Mayweather already had a few solid wins before he really started his PBF/Money Mayweather persona.

Comment

I thought he ran to much in the De Leon fight and I am not sure he deserved the win.

Comment

Broner is really good and is still young, but realistically, who has he fought??? His biggest name was Ponce De Leon and that fight in itself is disputed. Fight some big names on a consistent level, win, and call me back.

Comment

Threw and threw? Clearly not a fan of English. Sorry just had to point that out.

Also I agree, Broner showed a complete lack of class coming in that heavy and posting tweets about all the junk he was eating.

Escobedo would have still lost and probably in a similar fashion, but it just gives more fuel to the fire. Imagine if Escobedo had called it off, I can't imagine HBO giving this kid too many chances like they gave Guzman. Very talented fighter, but he's arrogant to the point where he hasn't earnt it at a professional level.

Comment

Originally posted by Dudley View Post

Stopped reading after this

Comment

Working...
                    X