Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The BIGGER picture (for those that know)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mesher View Post
    Both camps know they have pushed the public to the point of breaking and this would be one way they could guarantee the public buys one more non-pac/may fight before they would be forced to fight in Nov....
    theyre gonna be shook when their fights only do 500,000 buys this summer. seriously ppl dont care anymore, casuals slipped back to their boxing sucks mma is real fighting yadda yadda yadda. if they dont fight may 5th i hope they both get burned bad by their next ppv's. the only way you bring these primadonnas down is by f@ckin with their wallets.

Comment

Originally posted by MANIAC310 View Post
      .............. conspiracy theory?

sounds legit
      No conspiracies just smart business.

Comment

Originally posted by Mannie Phresh View Post
        theyre gonna be shook when their fights only do 500,000 buys this summer. seriously ppl dont care anymore, casuals slipped back to their boxing sucks mma is real fighting yadda yadda yadda. if they dont fight may 5th i hope they both get burned bad by their next ppv's. the only way you bring these primadonnas down is by f@ckin with their wallets.
        Yes but you would forgive them if they officially signed to fight, even with tune-ups in between.

Comment

Just so you guys know:

- The fight between Pac and Mayweather has been signed for November 2012. - Each has agreed that they will fight tune-ups in May and June.
          - The constant back n forth between the two camps is the beginning of the build up for the super fight in Nov.
          - Pac is fighting Cotto again to rebuild the image he had after he fought Cotto the first time (the time pac-floyd would have been at it's best).
          - Floyd will fight Canelo, an undefeated yet untested and possibly the safest yet most acceptable fight for him to take.
          - Pac destroying Cotto faster than last time and Floyd dismantling Canelo will give the super fight back the lustre it once had 2 years ago.

This is how things will pan out this year, mark my words, no superfight in May but it will be signed for Nov.
          They've been fighting opponents as tune-ups for about two years now with each failed negotiation. Every time they fight without each other, it's another possibility where one of them might not win, and thus taking shine away from a fight that has been steadily losing its luster.

I like Pacquiao to beat Cotto at 150, and I like Mayweather to beat Canelo...but again, that just means that they BOTH have to win in order to keep the superfight attractive.

If one of them loses, I hope the other does too. It'd be like giving them a big **** you for having a fight stall for so long.

And it sounds ignorant, I know but a BIG part of the attraction of the superfight is Pacquiao getting a shot to fight an undefeated Mayweather and pop his cherry. A lot of that goes out the window if Mayweather were to lose.

So your theory, while plausible, should be taken with nothing more than a grain of salt. We've seem this more than half a dozen times. It's either one or the other. They should fight each other...NOW...in MAY before the soup rots.

Comment

Yes but now until Nov is heaps of time to build the fight, Floyd's not going to solitary confinement, he's going to county jail. He can begin his training inside if he doesn't get out early on good behaviour and then resume as normal once out.... Floyd/Pac late November 2012, it's going to happen.
            Koncz said this dumb **** too. No, Floyd won't and can't train, for the biggest fight of his career in jail. This isn't a movie.

Comment

Originally posted by TintaBoricua View Post
              They've been fighting opponents as tune-ups for about two years now with each failed negotiation. Every time they fight without each other, it's another possibility where one of them might not win, and thus taking shine away from a fight that has been steadily losing its luster.

I like Pacquiao to beat Cotto at 150, and I like Mayweather to beat Canelo...but again, that just means that they BOTH have to win in order to keep the superfight attractive.

If one of them loses, I hope the other does too. It'd be like giving them a big **** you for having a fight stall for so long.

And it sounds ignorant, I know but a BIG part of the attraction of the superfight is Pacquiao getting a shot to fight an undefeated Mayweather and pop his cherry. A lot of that goes out the window if Mayweather were to lose.

So your theory, while plausible, should be taken with nothing more than a grain of salt. We've seem this more than half a dozen times. It's either one or the other. They should fight each other...NOW...in MAY before the soup rots.
              Yes but my point is that they sign to fight each other OFFICIALLY in November with the public knowing that they will have tune-up bouts in May/June. If the public KNEW they were officially signed, surely the tune-ups would be accepted by the public and therefore good business. It's the only way I can see Floyd n Pac milking one more non-superfight out of the public without the public boycotting both of them.

Comment

Originally posted by bMak View Post
                Koncz said this dumb **** too. No, Floyd won't and can't train, for the biggest fight of his career in jail. This isn't a movie.
                Who says floyd will be in for the full 3 months anyway? I say he gets out within 6 weeks.

Comment

Sounds possible, but what would really assure us the fight goes down for real this time in November? What if by that time they start having more roadblocks, and once again we don't get the stupid mega fight (which is an overrated fight in itself, just want it to happen and be done). I'll pass on Cotto-Pacquiao II, would be much better if Pacquiao was fighting Bradley. I don't mind Canelo-Mayweather though, but I can't imagine Golden Boy would be stupid enough to throw Canelo to the wolves this early.

Comment

Just so you guys know:

- The fight between Pac and Mayweather has been signed for November 2012. - Each has agreed that they will fight tune-ups in May and June.
                    - The constant back n forth between the two camps is the beginning of the build up for the super fight in Nov.
                    - Pac is fighting Cotto again to rebuild the image he had after he fought Cotto the first time (the time pac-floyd would have been at it's best).
                    - Floyd will fight Canelo, an undefeated yet untested and possibly the safest yet most acceptable fight for him to take.
                    - Pac destroying Cotto faster than last time and Floyd dismantling Canelo will give the super fight back the lustre it once had 2 years ago.

This is how things will pan out this year, mark my words, no superfight in May but it will be signed for Nov.
                    This whole saga has become one big fan-mind-****. And no offense, but your post is just one of many examples of how this whole mess is having a negative impact on boxing and its fans. Fans want the fight so bad, that they are willing to accept the nonsense that has been presented as negotiations, with the hope that everyone will finally get their heads out of their azzes and make the fight happen. And while all the BS is swirling from camp to camp, fans are coming up with stranger and stranger scenarios of what is really going on behind the scenes. When in reality, NO ONE has a clue -- Because both sides are really just jerking the fans around as they continue to stage no-contest fights.

Give you a perfect example: Floyd makes every PUBLIC effort to push for the fight, and when Pac finally states publicly YES!!! I agree, all I want is a 50\50 split and May 5th is on -- then out of the clear blue sky, Floyd goes into ego-mode and wants more of a percentage than Pac. Now what the **** is that .... how can you push like never before for a fight where both will take home over 60million and then undermine all your efforts by asking for a unrealistic split????

This is nothing more than a fan-mind-**** to continue boosting sales of non-relevant fights. And the fans have unwillingly hopped on-board for the ride.

Another reason this idea is flawed is what happens if Cotto KO's Pac by accident or {insert name here} beats Floyd ????????

If this isn't a likelihood, then we will be witnessing FIXED fights to ensure neither fighter loses their next bout.

That's the only way to guarantee nothing interferes with the PLAN. FIXED FIGHTS until the mega-fight can be made.

Originally posted by MANIAC310 View Post
                    .............. conspiracy theory?

sounds legit
                    Add another theory to the long list ...........

He can train in jail.... the promotion will be done while he is inside.
                    That is far-fetched and unrealistic !!!!

Comment

If this is correct everyone should avoid paying for both fights. Send a message that nothing less than a mega fight will do.

Comment

Working...
                      X