No announcement yet.

Biggest PayDay in a Single Fight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Biggest PayDay in a Single Fight?

Who do u think it will be getting the biggest payday in boxing history in a night..in other words,who has earned the highest money in a single fight in boxing history..
    My Prediction is Oscar De La Hoya who had 32 million reasons to smile even when he got ktfo by Hopkins..i truly beleived he didnt deserved that much money in a single fight from the way he fought like a ***** and took off with 32 million dollars of fans money.

who else thinks earned higher than 32 million in a single fight beside de la hoya.
    i think that *** is the richest boxer in the history rite now.what ya all think?

Comment

I thought I read somewhere that Tyson Vs. Lewis recieved $45 million EACH!

Comment

no. he earned that match for a single fight. i thought 20 was his highest.

tyson earned 50 million for the holyfield bout.
        Originally posted by TiB-WaRRiOR
        who else thinks earned higher than 32 million in a single fight beside de la hoya.
        i think that *** is the richest boxer in the history rite now.what ya all think?

Comment

Tyson would probably have been the richest boxer in history if he wasn't screwed with so much. I think I heard somewhere that he would have generated close to a billion dollars minus lawyer fees and Don King and **** like that. But right now it has to be Oscar, not only does he make a **** load for a fight but he's a promoter now too.

Comment

You can't just compare the exact monetary value of the purses earned by fighters. You also have to consider the time when the purse was earned. I remember Mike Tyson earned $23M for a single fight during the late 80's against somebody(I think it's Spinks). It should've been about $50-60M if converted today.

I still think Mike Tyson earned the biggest purse for a single fight. You have to consult the Guinness Book to be sure.

Comment

For a single fight it was Lewis in the fight with Tyson.

He received a slightly larger purse, and a % of the PPV.

I think it was between 40 -50 Million.

Comment

Originally posted by TheFairPole
                I thought I read somewhere that Tyson Vs. Lewis recieved $45 million EACH!
                I don`t think it was that high! I thought the highest amount was to Evander and Tyson for their rematch, 30 mill each!

Comment

Originally posted by SuckaPunch
                  You can't just compare the exact monetary value of the purses earned by fighters. You also have to consider the time when the purse was earned. I remember Mike Tyson earned $23M for a single fight during the late 80's against somebody(I think it's Spinks). It should've been about $50-60M if converted today.

I still think Mike Tyson earned the biggest purse for a single fight. You have to consult the Guinness Book to be sure.

true story, man i remember 10-15 years ago when a guy won a big golf tournament and made 200,000. here we are ten years later and tiger wins that **** and his share is 2.7 million.

Comment

Originally posted by SuckaPunch

the united states dollar has not tripled since the late 80's

Comment

Working...
                    X