No announcement yet.

Calzaghe-Kessler: Who's Your Pick?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd have to disagree.

I would say that I considered Robin Reid, Rick Thornberry (a solid fighter on a good winning streak who was only just taken out by Mundine in his last fight. This is the Mundine that took Kessler the full distance), David Starie (who gave Ottke one of his closest ever points decisions in his hometown long after Calzaghe faced him), Omar Sheika (who defeated Glen Johnson just prior to fighting Calzaghe and took Jeff Lacy the distance a long time after...Johnson, who still beat RJJ a while after that loss), Richie Woodhall (a skilled tactician with a strong record, the likes of which Kessler is yet to fight) and an unbeaten and much favoured Mario Veit (who registered victories against some decent names inbetween his two batterings from Calzaghe) to be a 6 fight streak that bests Kessler's 5 title fights. Especially important is that NONE of them register as Calzaghe's best victory.

Comment

Originally posted by Dimebar View Post
      Who honestly wants to see Joe fight some European robot over a top American guy?
      Like Lacy for example? If Taylor and Hopkins arent available or want incredibly unrealistic money, then all the guy can do is fight whoever IS.

Comment

Originally posted by Dimebar View Post
        It's really quite simple.

Mikkel Kessler is a pure jab-first fighter. Joe Calzaghe - due to his fast movement, fast hands and the movement he uses (shifting or spinning) - has never been hit with jabs.
        I agree with this poster.

Comment

Working...
        X