Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Better Resume Sugar Ray Leonard or Roberto Duran?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Akhi View Post
    I've seen the Hagler fight, B. I watched it 3 days. Ago it was a shut-out. Hagler won near every round and it seemed like he was almost sparring at times.

SRL was humiliating him in the second fight. Duran cried after the fight. It was so bad he got locked up in Panama.
    It was not a shut out at all, in fact most people who bring up the fight on here seem to criticize Hagler for struggling with Duran, you're the first person I've heard say it's a shut out.

SRL was taunting him and frustrating him, not humiliating him.

Comment

Originally posted by NChristo View Post
      Never seen the Hagler fight ?, hardly a shut out..
      Dominated twice ?, the 2nd fight was even until Duran walked out, if anything Duran 'dominated' (if we have to use the word) Leonard in the 1st fight and the 3rd just an embarrassment which should not of happened.
      I think hes racist, hes not worth responding to.

Comment

Originally posted by RubenSonny View Post
        I am suspecting that as well.

Comment

Originally posted by NChristo View Post
          It was not a shut out at all, in fact most people who bring up the fight on here seem to criticize Hagler for struggling with Duran, you're the first person I've heard say it's a shut out.

SRL was taunting him and frustrating him, not humiliating him.
          the fight was a wide ud for hagler.....those people are b*tching about the fact that hagler couldn't knock out duran at middleweight. but not "struggling" against duran because he in no way struggled. you're stretching it WAY too far.
          Last edited by americanbot; 02-07-2011, 06:47 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by americanbot View Post
            the fight was a wide ud for hagler.....those people are b*tching about the fact that hagler couldn't knock out duran at middleweight. but not "struggling" against duran because he in no way struggled. you're stretching it WAY too far.
            The same way he's stretching pretty much everything he's said.
            Haven't seen it in a while but I can't remember it being a shut out at all.

Originally posted by RubenSonny View Post
            Originally posted by Di Bushbaby View Post
            I am suspecting that as well.
            Originally posted by goblin213 View Post
            This guy sees no skill in any non black fighters. He's no different from guys like Cung Le.
            Never seen him before but if you say so, I'll take the hint not too pay any attention, should know by now .
            Last edited by NChristo; 02-07-2011, 06:53 PM.

Comment

How?

How does him being the smallest improve his resume?

He got starched by Hearns, dominated twice by Leonard and shut out by Hagler. How's he the best?
              It was a close but clear win for Hagler, he didn't get shut out at all. We should also consider that Duran was the oldest/ smallest out of the 4.

Comment

SRL.

Duran was the worst of the 4 and has the weakest resume.
                lmao you must be black

Comment

Originally posted by americanbot View Post
                  Although I had it wider for Hagler than the scorecards indicated, people often give credit to Duran for being the first challenger of Hagler's title reign to go the distance with him...also he cut Hagler around the eye and marked his face up a bit. despite Hagler winning most the rounds, Duran gave Hagler arguably the toughest fight of his prime middleweight reign.

Comment

Duran was the worst of the 4
                    how could you say he was the worst of the 4 when hagler is given credit for dominating the middleweight division and thats it. you can add the fact that he beat fighters moving up in weight

while duran did the same thing at lightweight and he was a multiple weight champ way past his prime

duran is usually ranked higher than ray, hearns, hagler on the all time great list

Comment

Anyone who voted Leonard is a ****in idiot.

Comment

Working...
                      X