Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Juan Ma suspension vs. Sprott suspension - Makes no sense; TRAVESTY!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Juan Ma suspension vs. Sprott suspension - Makes no sense; TRAVESTY!

Ok, so Juan Ma, in the heat of the moment not long after losing a heartbreaking TKO at home to Orlando Salido, in what was a great back and forth WAR, says "the referee wasn't fair stopping the fight, he has a gambling problem."

He then quickly apologizes. . . Suspended for just shy of one year. Was he fined too? Can't remember.

Michael Sprott gets stopped (stoppage was bad, IMO), and then does something I have only seen in youtube videos - he puts hands on the ref, TWICE. Second time he kind of does like an up-jab/shove hybrid to this hugely undersized referee, who of course falls to the ground like a rag-doll. . . Ref wasn't harmed, though. And Sprott did apologize afterwards. .

But he is suspended only three months?

You'd think what Juan Ma did wouldn't even be penalized; especially since he apologized quickly. He just said words, though. While Sprott should have been flirting with a lifetime ban from the sport. Prolly not lifetime ban, but at least one year. Make him take a **** load of anger management classes.

You right , you have people doing drugs getting less time

Comment

Salido shoved Joe Cortez when called for a kd in the 12th vs Gamboa. He wasn't even handed a slap on the wrist. Sprott's actions were uncalled for no doubt but the severity of Juanma's false accusations seemed more severe and had a bigger impact than Sprott's poor split second reaction.

Comment

Originally posted by 285Kid View Post
        You right , you have people doing drugs getting less time
        Or doing no suspension time at all; Peterson, Berto

Comment

Originally posted by damit305 View Post
          Salido shoved Joe Cortez when called for a kd in the 12th vs Gamboa. He wasn't even handed a slap on the wrist. Sprott's actions were uncalled for no doubt but the severity of Juanma's false accusations seemed more severe and had a bigger impact than Sprott's poor split second reaction.
          I dn't think so. They were both just heat of the moment type actions. However, one was actually physical, while the other was just words. . .

I think the bigger impact is only punishing a man who put hands on a ref for three months. This sends the message that a boxer can get away with putting hands on a referee if they feel they were done wrong.

Comment

Name game, next!

Comment

Originally posted by UglyPug View Post
              I dn't think so. They were both just heat of the moment type actions. However, one was actually physical, while the other was just words. . .

I think the bigger impact is only punishing a man who put hands on a ref for three months. This sends the message that a boxer can get away with putting hands on a referee if they feel they were done wrong.
              I completely agree with you. It was a complete travesty. Whenever a fighter even comes close to physically threatening an official he should be punished to the fullest extent. However we live in a world of bull**** politcs. One incident was held to a higher degree than the other, whether it was physical or verbal.
              Last edited by damit305; 10-07-2012, 11:30 PM.

Comment

Didn't Judah kinda punch/push Nady?

Here's vid 0:25

He kinda puts his glove in his chin and pushes off, then again with more force.

Comment

It's obvious there is a CONSPIRACY to protect CERTAIN boxers of a CERTAIN demographic.

Comment

Originally posted by subhuman View Post
                    Didn't Judah kinda punch/push Nady?

Here's vid 0:25

He kinda puts his glove in his chin and pushes off, then again with more force.
                    Yeah, he got fined and suspended

Comment

Working...
                    X