Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Eddi Hearns Signs Massive Two-Year Deal With Sky Sports

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Eddi Hearns Signs Massive Two-Year Deal With Sky Sports

Eddie Hearn and Matchroom Sport are delighted to announce that they have signed a two-year deal to be the principal boxing promoter on Sky Sports, with the World’s leading online betting exchange Betfair teaming up with the promoters as official partner.

Matchroom Boxing will stage 20 shows in both seasons with the first event of the new deal taking place on September 8 at the Alexandra Palace in north London as Tony Bellew’s clash with Edison Miranda in Betfair’s ‘London Calling’ tops a huge bill with five title fights. [Click Here To Read More]

Thank you god!

Comment

Great news for British boxing fans.

Comment

I was starting to worry about boxing's future on Sky, so this is great news.

Comment

I guess this is good news.

Hearn's a good promoter with a great stable of fighters and he makes good fights too. But now it becomes a 2-horse race with Maloney & Hatton being pushed out and seeking refuge at BoxNation.

This is not at all a bad thing, BoxNation has great potential with it's prospect cards and now, 3 promoters involved.

I'd like to see Warren lose several fighters and they then go elsewhere for promotion. He's suffocating some of his fighters because he cannot manage such a big stable.

Comment

Great news!

Comment

Originally posted by D-MiZe View Post

Hearn's a good promoter with a great stable of fighters and he makes good fights too. But now it becomes a 2-horse race with Maloney & Hatton being pushed out and seeking refuge at BoxNation.

This is not at all a bad thing, BoxNation has great potential with it's prospect cards and now, 3 promoters involved.

I'd like to see Warren lose several fighters and they then go elsewhere for promotion. He's suffocating some of his fighters because he cannot manage such a big stable.
              Boxnation dont put on good cards, maybe a good fight here and there but not great cards.

I agree, Groves needs to get out of there and get on Sky as does Cleverly, Burns, to name a few, they have potential for greater exposure and money, I dont think Boxnation will EVER get the exposure of SKY SPORTS...these guys dont box forever.

Comment

If Hatton makes his comeback he can get on the BBC

Comment

Hatton fighting or promoting on BBC?

@rampant: I said ' great potential ', a tv channel dedicated solely to boxing and picking up fights from overseas. Warren has tried a few times with BoxAcademy but fighters keep pulling out, he's arranged some very good fights.

BoxNation will never get the exposure like Sky because it is purely boxing but it should promote tougher fights and better cards to get the viewers.

Comment

Hatton fighting or promoting on BBC?

@rampant: I said ' great potential ', a tv channel dedicated solely to boxing and picking up fights from overseas. Warren has tried a few times with BoxAcademy but fighters keep pulling out, he's arranged some very good fights.

BoxNation will never get the exposure like Sky because it is purely boxing but it should promote tougher fights and better cards to get the viewers.
                    Since Boxnation started I havent seen any form of advertisment that would help to encourage more fans / viewers. Which was November last year!

Warren is a promoter? whats he doing? if it wasnt for the overseas fights the channel would be dead.

Comment

Working...
                    X