Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Paul McCloskey a wannabe James Toney?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Paul McCloskey a wannabe James Toney?

I didn't know a damn thing about Paul McCloskey . Now I've watched some of his fights on youtube. The way he fights...he must be a HUGE fan of James Toney.

I do like his uppercut but he's not all that fast and I don't know how he will be able to deal with Khans speed and whether his defence is good enough. Khan should win but I hope Paul puts on a good perfromance cause I just hate mis-matches.

Paul is undefeated so I guess that's why they picked him. It always looks good to beat up an undefeated guy and it's also easier to hype him up to the public....but do you guys think he can trouble Khan and maybe even win?

He is too slow in ym view, iv seen 4 of his recent fights, he seems to ahve good boxing skills but he keeps his hands down to low alot of the time

Comment

Originally posted by JonoYoungP4P View Post
      He is too slow in ym view, iv seen 4 of his recent fights, he seems to ahve good boxing skills but he keeps his hands down to low alot of the time
      I'm still looking forward to see this fight. It's not often you see British boxers with this type of boxingstyle.

Comment

I think he is skilled.

But stylistically, it's probably not to difficult for Khan; Khan will be able to keep him on the end of his jab all night.

Comment

Mcloskey and Toney don't belong in the same sentance.

I havn't seen him fight many times but from what I saw he doesnt reallyy fight like him.

Comment

He has some decent skills and I think he will be hanging around european/gatekeeper level for a couple of years win or lose.

In terms of his chances, its hard to say because we haven't seen mccloskey get hit by a world class fighter. It is an unknown even though khan isn't a murderous puncher, sometimes that step up to world class can catch some guys out from watching boxing in the past, I remember my first time sparring a really quick fighter, I got buzzed and wobbled because I just couldn't see the shots coming. I think thats what happened to salita, and it could happen to mccloskey.

I think he will get lit up personally and if he can survive the first 4 rounds he might get success when khan slows down in the middle rounds, but either way I think he gets stopped. If he can take the shots and shows heart it will be in the 2nd half of the fight.

Comment

Working...
            X